HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love EDC pics and I love HK's... So can I see your's please? I'll start the party off with a older pic of my EDC. This is a older pic of my EDC my girlfriend has the ASP pepper spray and I brought a different wallet but the rest is still the same.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
66 Posts
I might be banned for showing the Taurus, but it knows it's place in my back pocket.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I love my p2k! But, I can't wait to pick up a p30. I love that knife, bought it 3 years ago and have been beating the bag out of it ever since. Gotta love their life sharp program.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sorry this is an old pic. I can already hear guffaws and snorts of derision, but this has been my 6 o'clock IWB carry rig for a couple years and suits me just fine.

·
HK Nut Extraordinaire
414 Posts
Sorry this is an old pic. I can already hear guffaws and snorts of derision, but this has been my 6 o'clock IWB carry rig for a couple years and suits me just fine.

Why would you spend 900$ on a pistol and 20$ on a rig that you cannot re-holster without sweeping your own hand and that will not sufficiently retain the weapon in any sort of physical activity?

Seriously, a good kydex rig will set you back 50$ and will actually retain the gun correctly.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Why would you spend 900$ on a pistol and 20$ on a rig that you cannot re-holster without sweeping your own hand and that will not sufficiently retain the weapon in any sort of physical activity?

Seriously, a good kydex rig will set you back 50$ and will actually retain the gun correctly.
The money isn't the thing. I have a drawer full of hundreds of dollars worth of leather and kydex that I never use because I don't like the bulk, moisture buildup, clinging feeling when drawing, or the way the stuff feels against my skin. I wear inside the pants with a normal belt around the outside, drawn tight enough to hold on but not too tight to get the gun out when I need to. The holster breathes but has an inner moisture blocking layer to keep condensation off the pistol. I have worn it jogging, cycling, and on high speed roller coasters that go upside down and twist around, most recently in a midwest amusement park on a 85 degree day and not too long ago at a Florida theme park a few weeks ago when it was 95 degrees or more every day. I never have to worry about dressing around it because it just disappears whether I am carrying in front or in back. A loose untucked t-shirt or polo is the standard in my climate and it does the trick.

Not sure what you mean by sweeping my own hand. When I reholster, the index finger goes behind the trigger, the thumb rides the hammer, and I take it nice and slow.

Bottom line is this setup is the most easy and manageable for the way I carry. If my rig is a pain in the ass I don't carry as much as I ought to. This one I can just pull out of the headboard safe, pop it in and I am good to go. Everyone has to figure out what works best for you as the individual carrier to have the gun as accessible to you as possible as regularly as possible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts