HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all started so innocently...looking to replace a 1911 as my EDC, read about HK reliability and said "ok, I'll try one"', so I did ..a P30. But then I decided that I wanted to carry a .45..so got a .45c. That should be enough for now....but "no".

Decided to sell my last 1911, a guy who was interested in it wanted to know if I would like a USP Tactical .45 as part of the deal....."no" I said, don't need another pistol right now. Well that turned out to be wrong. After he sent me a photo of this very nice, almost new Tactical I said why not.

That's 3 HK's in a few months....can I stop now.

What's really scary is I saw a MP 5, 22lr, and thought it was really cool....I'm hooked.

·
Registered
818 Posts
It all started so innocently...looking to replace a 1911 as my EDC, read about HK reliability and said "ok, I'll try one"', so I did ..a P30. But then I decided that I wanted to carry a .45..so got a .45c. That should be enough for now....but "no".

Decided to sell my last 1911, a guy who was interested in it wanted to know if I would like a USP Tactical .45 as part of the deal....."no" I said, don't need another pistol right now. Well that turned out to be wrong. After he sent me a photo of this very nice, almost new Tactical I said why not.

That's 3 HK's in a few months....can I stop now.

What's really scary is I saw a MP 5, 22lr, and thought it was really cool....I'm hooked.
Welcome to the sickness. :wink:

HK's are quite addictive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As another HK newbie, all I can say is I bought my first last November (USP .45 full size) and my second in January (HK 45c).

Oh, and I'm already thinking about number three...

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I bought my first HK, a USP 9 Combat Competition a little over a year ago. Then HK .45C three months later. Then full size HK .45 two months after that one....then P30L......I do want an Ed Brown 1911 though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My brother bought an HK45. After I tried it I got an HK45C. Now I want the tactical version and a USP 45 Compact too. I've also been looking at the HK416 and HK417 civilian versions. They're really expensive though and I hear you can't use pmags with the HK416. So yeah...I'd say addicting...

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Tell me about it. Try having one of your close friends and shooting buddies possess an FFL and constantly order stuff to only tease you with the "hard to find" items! Hello, my name is GTMTNBIKER98 and I'm an addict. You know you've got it bad when your FFL know's both your debit credit card numbers without looking at the cards. Not cool, I need an intervention. Wonder if the TLC Channel would consider multiple HK's as hoarding, because between the pistols and magazines, I'm becoming "buried alive."

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I am afraid so.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Tell me about it. Try having one of your close friends and shooting buddies possess an FFL and constantly order stuff to only tease you with the "hard to find" items! Hello, my name is GTMTNBIKER98 and I'm an addict. You know you've got it bad when your FFL know's both your debit credit card numbers without looking at the cards. Not cool, I need an intervention. Wonder if the TLC Channel would consider multiple HK's as hoarding, because between the pistols and magazines, I'm becoming "buried alive."
Yes I know what you mean! My buddy has the FFL....... expensive friendship lol.

As far as the addiction... taking delivery of a Mark 23 tomorrow will put a can on it then have been salivating at picking up a HK45c.

Sad thing is, I have already planned which gun I am going to get before I am taking delivery on the one I just bought! :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
C'mon - All your friends are doing it.

I know the feeling. I have purchased 4 HK's in the past few months.
Extremely reliable and beautiful guns.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Um, yeah. Look at my join date. At that time I owned Zero HK's. Now read my signature line. 'Nuff said?

Oh, and I have had 7 more that came and went. So yeah, you're screwed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have one of each and have to politely disagree, but not for the reasons you might think. It has nothing to do with performance or accuracy, but a lot to do with customization. For example, how many different grips can you get for an HK? Wood? Bone? Aluminum? Can you get an HK in stainless, or various other cutting edge finishes? My point is that while the HK may very well be the better combat tool, there's a lot to life outside of the color black. Just sayin'

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
I love HK. I just sold my R1 for multiple reasons. And now I am using the funds to transform it into an HK45c. I love 1911's, almost as much as I love HK's. There is one difference for me. Every singe HK I have picked up and fired, has went bang every time. Every mag change the mag dropped free, I can shoot my HK's all day, never had a stoppage or malfunction, never had to observe a break in period, and I have never had any fit/finish issues with my HK's. Accuracy wise I have never shot a pistol as well as my uncle's Colt Gold cup he worked on. (he is also a mechanical engineer/ actual master gunsmith....not a gander mountain commando). With the exception of the first or last round of a mag being a flyer, every group I make with it, is amazing ( I think the gun hates me because it isn't mine). It is very very hard to beat a 1911's accuracy when it is setup to do so.

For me though, the accuracy of my HK's coupled with their "Try and stop me" attitude/performance, makes them my first choice every time. And I will own many more......my poor bank account.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I would say they are. I've loved 1911s for a long, long time.

However, on January 29th of this year, I picked up my first HK. A USP .45. In the last month and week, I've picked up the following:
  • USP .45
  • USP .45 Tactical
  • P30s 9mm
  • USC Grey
  • USC Black
    and soon
  • P7M8

I think that's not bad for a little over 5 weeks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After reading all the responses it's a worse addiction than I thought..6 HK's in 5 weeks, that's an addiction.

Maybe we should start a forum wher we talk about our HK's and our addiction to them.....oh, wait.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
The way I look at it is the 1911 is over 100 years old now, I prefer to have a lighter weapon that holds more rounds and is generally more reliable, for about the same cost. At least thats how I justified selling my 1911 for a USP 45 tactical :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
At least most of you are only addicted to HK's, I'm additced to HK's and also still to 1911's for different reasons. I love to build and customize the 1911's, while the HK's pretty much stay as they are. In a way, I'm kinda glad that you can't customize an HK the way you can a 1911, my bank account would be non-existant. But, then again there is the SL8 that I'm converting, and the USC that is waiting. I need help.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts