HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked over past threads and posts, but want to pose this question again. I just got a H&K 45C. I won't be carrying concealed, but would like a holster for range, not duty, use. I have a Safariland model 568-83-411 paddle for my Glock 17 and like it. It's a holster that is suede lined, has a leather-like outer material, with a kydex-like paddle.

The Safariland "Holster Finder" returns NO RESULTS for a 45C. I can call them and ask, but figure there is probably more knowledge and better response time here.

I'd like something similar to the Safariland 568; I will NOT have a tactical light attached.

Does anyone have any recommendations ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have an OWB and IWB from Comp-Tac and like them. They also make a paddle type for about $60.
Also have a couple single and dbl mag holders. They make quality stuff.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll check out Comp-Tac. Thanks.

A bit more research on my part reveals that my 568 made for the Glock 17 will fit the HK 45C, after appropriate tension screw adjustment. The Glock 17 has a 4.5' barrel, so I may look at the Safariland 568 made for the Glock 19, which sports a 4" barrel, similar to the 45C.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I just tried to cram my Hk45C into my kydex Glock 23/19 holster ——> Nope.
Good luck.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Alessi or Ritchie. FYI I ordered my Ritchie holster not even a month ago and I got the call that it's already finished. That is FAST. My Alessi took over 12 weeks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Racegunner:
Is your kydex holster adjustable at all ?

KevinCa316:
I'll check out Ritchie. I know Alessi and they make nice stuff.
Thx

·
Registered
272 Posts
Racegunner:
Is your kydex holster adjustable at all ?

KevinCa316:
I'll check out Ritchie. I know Alessi and they make nice stuff.
Thx
I don't know if you know all the backstory but the owner of Ritchie was Lou Alessi's partner. Many say now the best you'll get to an old school Alessi holster is from Ritchie, so I got one from each to see for myself

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KevinCa316:
Didn't know that. The Alessi I have is made for a S&W Chief's Special, which I sold, but fits a H&K P7
Thx for the info.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Comp-Tac as well for me. I've got three of their Minotaur MTACs (IWB though).

Bladetech looks like they make decent kydex stuff, as does Raven with their Phantom holster. I would personally take a look at the Blackhawk Serpa as well. It's inexpensive, and despite the controversy, most experienced folks think the negatives of the holster come from poor training and trigger discipline. YMMV.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts