HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Sure You can. HK slides are somehow matted (like sand blasted) and wil polish in contact areas.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Like Lukas said, contact areas will be polished and appear shiny. Medium blasting will restore it, deep scratches wont be so apparent after blasting either.

·
Registered
123 Posts
This is my USPc .45, bought it used. It was a duty weapon, so it does have some wear marks. It's not polished, just scuffed a bit with some light scratches.

http://www.pnwzj.com/images/scuffmarks.JPG
Are you sure that your 45c is a factory stainless? The reason I ask is that the date and serial markings on a factory stainless slide are marked in a dark color and yours appear that they now blend in with the slide. I have had quite a few of my HK's hard chromed (Tripps) and when it comes back, the markings on the slide look just like yours does.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you're using a leather holster the edges will get shiny/polished. If a kydex holster, you'll more than likely see wear closer to scratches than polished areas.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Are you sure that your 45c is a factory stainless? The reason I ask is that the date and serial markings on a factory stainless slide are marked in a dark color and yours appear that they now blend in with the slide. I have had quite a few of my HK's hard chromed (Tripps) and when it comes back, the markings on the slide look just like yours does.
Yes, 100% it is a factory stainless. Just looks different because of the lighting.

·
Registered
127 Posts
hmmm, my stainless definately has some wear. but it gets around. I wonder if anyone knows where i can get it re-blasted in western washington state.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts