HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this has been discussed before so I am sorry if this is redundant? I was wondering what you guys were using as far as holsters go for "concealed carry" on your guns (specifically the p2000sk) or feel free to talk about a different HK...Wondering whats comfortable to wear? whats easy to conceal? I am looking for a belt holster and have used the Desantis Speed Scabbard with my .38 revolver...I kinda like those but will be interested to see what you guys have used?

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I have a fist ISW kydex and a fist OSW high ride with FBI cant, in kydex. You can find them at www.fist-inc.com

They are very reasonably priced, and not a six month waiting list! TJ

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
You will get a bunch of answers on this everyone thinking that they have the best one. Truth is you have to look at them and decide for yourself what will work best for you depending upon your needs. IE Deep concealment versus concealment and so on.

Myself I use a Galco SOB for my P2KSK. I am not so worried about deep concealment, and with my build it is easier and more comfortable for me to draw.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
That Galco one doesn't conceal as well as an IWB. I sold mine because it didn't conceal well for me, and it also didn't open carry comfortably.

I have a pretty good variation of holsters for my P2000sk. I've got a Kramer IWB holster that works great for concealment, I have a Comptac C-Tac tuckable holster that will work great once I figure it out, I have a Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster that is kind of flimsy, but is a good open carry holster. I also have a Galco Jackass shoulder rig with dual mag pouch, it's the holster I wear when driving long distances or not wearing a belt. All of 'em have their own use to me. I don't want to sell any of the ones I've got because they all just fill a different need.

That's all I got. Raise your hand if you've got a drawer full of holsters, too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I started with an Uncle Mikes holster. Inside the waistband it was easy to reposition for standing and driving but the holser/gun would move around while I was working. The edges of the holser rubbed on my leg more than I thought it would. Worn on the outside it was more comfortable but the holster/gun had a lot more freedom to move around than I like, and it took a really long shirt to conceal. My holster does not have the thumb break and my weapon can work it's way out as I go through my daily routine. It's a decent holster to put on or take off quickly and to wear while walking around at the range. One benefit is that my HK P2000sk, S&W M&Pc and my J frame S&W revolver all work in it (with varying success).

About two weeks ago I got a Comp-Tac MTAC holster. My first and only proper IWB holster (long time target shooter but new to CC). I ordered it on Saturday and it arrived on Thursday. I needed a solution that did not have a six month lead time. The MTAC has kept the gun positioned exactly where I expect it to be even when lying on my back and wriggling underneath a cabinet, climbing ladders, unloading trucks. My P2Ksk was properly retained while still easy to draw. It can be slid from front, side and almost to small of back with the belt loop spacing of my jeans. It was a bit stiff for the first day or two but it is breaking in and becoming a bit more comfortable every day to the point now that I forget I'm wearing it. Maybe I'll ask for a premium holster for Christmas and hope to receive it by July 4.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Holster

Well, I bought one of those plastic "fobus" paddle holsters for my p2000sk and dont really like it. Does not "fit" very well and personally I do not think it was designed well for this gun. Even though "fobus" claims its for that model. Does anyone else have any good ideas for the OWB holster that does not require a 6-9 month wait in getting one made? I was maybe thinking the DeSantis leather OWB belt 086 style???

·
Registered
595 Posts
I stand by my original post and the very comfortable and well made Galco Concealable, available in many gun shops or on-line. I still think the HK embossed holster would be a great collector as well as useful. Another nice holster I've used is the Mitch Rosen Premier from the Express line. At $90 it isn't cheap but it's comfortable and is easy on and off. I'm not positive they make it for a P2000SK, but would guess they do. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I use Milt Sparks VM II and recently acquired Comp-Tac Minotaur holster. I can reccomend bouth.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Another vote for Comp-Tac!

B

·
0 Posts
M-tac for a week now with a p2ksk v3 .40 at about 3:30. Still tweaking the adjustments, but without a doubt the most comfortable IWB I've seen.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts