HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy offered to sell me back the SAR-8 I sold him back in 1990. I couldn't say no to a factory G3......

·
Registered
199 Posts
Speaking of those green stocks, is this an EBO color? I bought a brand new stock, less butt plate and metal parts, over the Internet. It was this same shade of "grass" green. Couldn't tell that from the pictures. All my other parts are the olive green. They sure look funny together.

·
2,831 Posts
I have some bright green center sections(like pictured) i think they were made in the UK(when British Aerospace owned HK) by HK or for HK or for some market, mine are date coded(like HK parts).

Wish I could find a wide forend in the same bright green

Speaking of those green stocks, is this an EBO color? I bought a brand new stock, less butt plate and metal parts, over the Internet. It was this same shade of "grass" green. Couldn't tell that from the pictures. All my other parts are the olive green. They sure look funny together.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. It's in great shape and while he did shoot it over the past 17 years, it's not abused at all.

He installed a 21E buffer in the buttstock, so that should help with the thump of a roller lock a little.

I think the stocks are Portuguese FMP, but I'm not sure. I'd really like to find a set of Namibian furniture, but that's going to have to wait a while.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Nice looking rod. I have one question though. If that is a SAR-8 is that not a post-ban article? I thought the SAR-3 was pre-ban and SAR-8 post, easier to overstamp the 3 with an 8, as yours looks. I have a FMP that looks EXACTLY like yours. Or has it been 922r'd. to satisfy you know who.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
SAR 8

Oh geez, the 922 police again. Can't people just enjoy a real nice rifle without making comments about 922 compliance? Templar has been in the gun business a long time, & I'm sure he knows the drill. Nice gun. GARY N4KVE

·
Registered
266 Posts
after all a guy with a clean record will never get into hot water for that stuff!
add all the goodys ya want. and have Fun!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Leave 'em laying in the sun for a good while. That'll fade 'em just about right. ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This rifle was actually the 2nd Springfield I had, the first one was a rare early "G3" marked rifle.....and yeah, I was young and poor and stupid and sold it.....

Here's the SAR-8 with my DSA dressed out in R1 kit.

And a pic from Rhodesia......

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the first one was a rare early "G3" marked rifle.....and yeah, I was young and poor and stupid and sold it.....

NOOOOOO!!! :eek:

Yeah, well, I won't tell you about the two HK 91's I've let go either, or the Beretta BM-59 Nigerian, or the Springfield SAR-48's, or the IMI Galils, or the....... :(

Couple of pics from it's range trip. I put 80 rds. of South African through it, no bobbles whatsoever, worked like a champ. The 21E buffer in the stock does make a difference.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Yeah, well, I won't tell you about the two HK 91's I've let go either, or the Beretta BM-59 Nigerian, or the Springfield SAR-48's, or the IMI Galils, or the....... :(

Couple of pics from it's range trip. I put 80 rds. of South African through it, no bobbles whatsoever, worked like a champ. The 21E buffer in the stock does make a difference.

Wow, you let go a BM-59? I do not know if i could have done that, haven't seen one in years. Well it just goes to show these are material objects and i know your reason for parting was a good one plus, they are an investment and somtimes do pay good dividends. I have kept my IMI galil, Sar 4800, International Harvester and Winchester M-1s among other goodies. Best wishes--------

1 - 17 of 17 Posts