HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious as to which pistol for those that have an HK serving home defense duty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
HK45C, never had to fire it at an intruder thankfully, but was happy to have it and was prepared to do so when it almost came to that some time ago.

And for situations where I may find a pistol not enough, I have a Zastava M70AB2 (Non-HK, oh no!) or an SL8-1/G36C conversion handy. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
VP9 LE with a streamlight TLR-2HL is primary in the headboard shelf, P30sks also nearby, usually not chambered however. 30 round mag from HKparts.net also on the headboard, several more magazines scattered about the apartment.

Primary to become Mark 23 in the near future, eventually suppressed also. Although that's not going to fit in the headboard slot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pick your caliber and find models that fit your hand well, so that you can shoot them well. Then maybe get some advice comparing those models.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The P30L stays at the bedside, or in a duty holster on my property, or goes to the range. The P2000 is mostly always on me and is my primary. The P2000sk takes over when weather dictates summer clothing. All three have the same LEM V1 trigger at about a 4.5 lb pull, all 3 have the same XS sights, and all three share my round of choice.
Training methods are certainly not one-size-fits-all in nature, but I have found that by training for defense under high stress using like qualities across the board gives me a level of confidence I would not get by having defensive weapons with differences in process/action/etc... or even worse, changing weapons periodically the way some do... I am human and do break my own rule slightly... my End Of the Line, When all else has failed, backup is on my ankle everyday all day.. and is a 9mm Sig P938. Not because i want to use something different, just that HK doesn't offer an ankle size backup weapon with the virtues of my other defensive weapons.

·
Priest of the P7
4,804 Posts
P30L 9mm, Trijicon RMR, SF X300U, SF Ryder (when stamp arrives), HKparts +5, twenty 147gr GDHPs.

The P30L is on its way home from APO (RMR install). Right this second, the gun beside the bed is a HK45, X300U, Meps, ten 230gr GDHPs.

·
Registered
710 Posts
It's always which ever pistol I happen to have strapped to my side that evening. Usually it is either my P30 LEM or the USP45 CT LEM.

The P30 will get a Streamlight TLR-1 put on it before it goes on my nightstand. The USP45 CT will get the TRL-3 and a 10rd elephant foot mag.

The Benelli Super Nova Tactical is also right next it just to keep it company.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts