HKPRO Forums banner

How about a TN shoot?

6K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  bravo2 
#1 ·
First, a big thanks to Tom and the other mods for creating this section. I didn't know it was coming, but I like it :)

So, how about us TN folks getting together for a shoot sometime in the next few weeks? I'm in the Nashville area, but would be willing to do some driving. Ranges around here are not the best for a big shoot, at least not the ones that I go to regularly (TWRA range on Hobson Pike, indoor pistol range in Joelton). So any suggestions would be appreciated. If possible, I'd like to find a range that would meet (or meet with minimal effort) Tom's requirements for an MP5 school.

Thanks,
James

#2 ·
Good Luck Bro

JCook said:
First, a big thanks to Tom and the other mods for creating this section. I didn't know it was coming, but I like it :)

So, how about us TN folks getting together for a shoot sometime in the next few weeks? I'm in the Nashville area, but would be willing to do some driving. Ranges around here are not the best for a big shoot, at least not the ones that I go to regularly (TWRA range on Hobson Pike, indoor pistol range in Joelton). So any suggestions would be appreciated. If possible, I'd like to find a range that would meet (or meet with minimal effort) Tom's requirements for an MP5 school.

Thanks,
James
I shoot at out Guns & Leather and it is about as advanced as anything around Nashville, TN.

They also will let you shoot in full auto at the indoor range.

#3 ·
I'm in Maryville, just south of Knoxville. I go to a place in Harriman that is under the power lines from Oak Ridge. Not a "range" but there is alot of public land that is safe for getting as crazy as you want. Long range shots to about 600 yrds, berms for all shots semi or FA. I am a member @ Oak Ridge Sportsmans but they aren't cool w/ the FA.

#4 ·
I used to be a member at Coal Creak Armory... I like dealing with them, but school and work schedual keep me from driving out to knoxville to shoot... they do rent a couple FA mp5's as well as a variety of handguns, but they are an indoot 25yd range, and can not handle rifle ammo or buck shot so I can only shoot a few of my toys.

G
#5 · (Edited)
How about the TNARNG ranges in Tullahoma and Knoxville (Rifle Range Rd)? They can be used with coordination. ORSA in Oak Ridge, but they are very, very anal, but have 1K range. Also, I belive Cedars of Lebanon State Park has a range, but have not been there in about 20 years, so I don't know if they still allow it. I live close to Big Ridge State Park, which has a range, but it is closed to the general public and only allow the county law enforcement and THP to use the range????

Also, there is the Norris range, but no machine guns are allowed. However, the rules and regulations are silent on any other NFA devices...I shoot my M3HB, suppressors and my other approved NFA devices there.

#6 ·
I doubt it is viable realy, but if interested someone could check into it, but prentice cooper (near chatanooga on signal mountain) has a TWRA range that was free to use, but I seem to recall there where several restrictions as to when it could be used... times of year and days of week that where closed. I think I recall something about shotgun restrictions, and the range was 100yds max, but I took my pistols up there a time or two... facilities where limited... just had a shelter, and several concrete tables. "short, medium, and long range" berms... (if you call 100yds long)

keep in mind I moved out of chattanooga about 2 years ago, but I saw on the web earlier this year that PC is still open. have been planning on taking my toys up there so my old friends and I could shoot, but my rare days off have fallen on days the range is closed, so we have not been able to go shooting there yet.

#10 ·
Well guys, I now own property that might work to host a get together BUT,,,, I need to build a berm so we can be safe. I was thinking of having loads of dirt delivered and pushed up but as of yet I don't have the resorces or equipement. Anyone know how much dirt is going for in these parts??? or how much I might end up needing?

#16 ·
I don't know if prentice cooper allows MG's or not. i been there recently and they are closed on tuesdays and thursdays i believe. I live in Dunlap and moved from Chattanooga 2 yrs ago. Theres couple other ranges but they are clubs in cleveland and chattanooga. I was not able to go to the last mp5 shoot in atlanta they tried to setup but would love to go to one. The one they are trying for now i have to work. It will be a few months before i can have the cash for the mp5 class as it is. I got a school i got to go to in aug and oct that i'm having to buy gear for. But a get together would be fun. I actually have a buddy just over the GA line who owns fa's and we could setup there i bet. Both my clones are semi right now. Madisonville don't sound bad i got family all over up that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.