HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I have the bolt carrier welded or install F/A bolt carrier and remove block in receiver?
When a pistol is set up to be a sear-ready host, does it affect the reliability when used with the original SP5K trigger pack?
Is there anything else that needs to be done to make the SP5K sear-ready?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Or take a full auto carrier and flatten the top to ride under the rod (receiver block)?
I know this has been mentioned before, but I can't find it. What was the purpose of the dimple, in the top of the receiver?

·
Banned
848 Posts
Are these semi auto carriers that are being welded up tungsten filled? If not you may want to replace it.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
I know this has been mentioned before, but I can't find it. What was the purpose of the dimple, in the top of the receiver?
I presume to prevent exactly what we are talking about, the ability to drop in a full auto bolt carrier.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Would re-welding the stock carrier void warranty.. Probably a dumb question. also heard that one could prob just drop in a standard FA carrier with no mods to receiver or carrier.. can anyone confirm this..? I kinda doubt it

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Without modification to the FA carrier, the FA carrier cannot be used in an SP5K without removing the nipple on the top-inside of the receiver or by milling the top of the FA carrier flat to slide under that blocking nipple.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SP5K and Full-Auto Bolt Carrier

Has there been any determination by the ATF/NFA about removing the full-auto carrier blocking nub inside the receiver? Does this violate NFA or is it merely an import/export compliance kinda thing?

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Without modification to the FA carrier, the FA carrier cannot be used in an SP5K without removing the nipple on the top-inside of the receiver or by milling the top of the FA carrier flat to slide under that blocking nipple.
Well that's what I mean, i was told even with the nipple it'd still fit. Highly doubt that but would be interesting if someone here could try it.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Has there been any determination by the ATF/NFA about removing the full-auto carrier blocking nub inside the receiver? Does this violate NFA or is it merely an import/export compliance kinda thing?
I would assume since it still has the full wrap around shelf it should be ok.. Me personally I'd probably just have the carrier welded to avoid messing with the receiver at all.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Well that's what I mean, i was told even with the nipple it'd still fit. Highly doubt that but would be interesting if someone here could try it.
I tried my rewelded SP89 carrier. It won't fit.

One suggestion is to bob the top off an RCM full auto carrier and save the HK SP5K carrier.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I didn't think it would, but I've no idea why someone who does re-welds etc said one could...
My guess is some of those receiver blocking studs are shorter than others, allowing the carrier to pass.

If I pushed hard enough I think it might just pass.

But why? I bought the SP5K to collect it, it's a safe queen.

If I want to shoot it full auto I'll just get a carrier machined to fit.

I like it as compared to the receiver blocks in the contract guns which have to be cut out.

·
Banned
848 Posts
Anyone want to send me a carrier? I would like to get a few measurements. Maybe add a cut on the tube to clear the blob.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I suspect the carrier block is there to keep the German government happy, much like the retardation on the MR556 barrel/carrier.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Comparing the MK5K carrier with the SP5K carrier, the difference is obviously the trip lever engagement area and the top of the SP5K carrier is milled flat on top.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts