HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if it requires an HK Armorer to make the switch to a 3 pos: 0,1,F? I've noticed that all the pictogram grip housings feature the FA at the top. My MP5K-N PDW has the FA setting at the bottom of the plastic housing so how do I align them?

Are all pictogram housings ambidextrous? I understand that the selector lever for these are wider to fit into each other so does that create the need for the smith to widen the axis hole on the trigger pack?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My trigger group is an S-E-F 3-position group (safe-semi-full) and it was my understanding that any plastic housing with any set of three markings can be used with the trigger pack.

Are you certain?

·
Registered
527 Posts
TBostic is absolutely correct. The ambo picto groups and the non ambo SEF groups do not share the same trigger pack/mech or safeties. They are not interchangeable.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks tbostic and bluetwister. So is my only option to purchase a HK German 3 Position (0,1,F) Navy Ambidextrous Trigger Group Complete?

If correct would that require an HK armorer to convert it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your only option is an SEF trigger housing. The SEF has the right hand thumb rest. The SEF came with either a plastic housing or a metal housing with a plastic handgrip.

The pictogram has the pictures of bullets on them. The SEF and the Pictogram do not interchange components.

You could probably interchange with an SEF without the thumbrest. Those were used with the G3 rifle. They have the longer tabs on the rear which people hack off one of the set of holes to fit it into an mp5 or mp5 clone.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your only option is an SEF trigger housing. The SEF has the right hand thumb rest. The SEF came with either a plastic housing or a metal housing with a plastic handgrip.

The pictogram has the pictures of bullets on them. The SEF and the Pictogram do not interchange components.

You could probably interchange with an SEF without the thumbrest. Those were used with the G3 rifle. They have the longer tabs on the rear which people hack off one of the set of holes to fit it into an mp5 or mp5 clone.
joker01:you said "your only option is an SEF trigger housing" - sorry but this confuses me. That's what I have (SEF trigger pack and SEF housing). Is there yet another version called "picto-SEF" trigger pack?

·
2,832 Posts
you can use any plastic lower that does NOT have the bullets(pictogram) on it with your current trigger pack. So you can use the navy "style" SEF, the SEF, the 0/1/25, 0/1/20 and I think there are few others

to use the picto lowers(with the bullets, any version) you can NOT use you trigger pack, you need the lower(cliped and pinned) matching selector(right and left side) and the trigger pack for the picto lower(must be modified to fit non push pin guns) this typicaly runs $500+ for all the bits.

joker01:you said "your only option is an SEF trigger housing" - sorry but this confuses me. That's what I have (SEF trigger pack and SEF housing). Is there yet another version called "picto-SEF" trigger pack?

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
landpimp: the "Navy Trigger Group" as shown on the HKPRO site:

http://www.hkpro.com/trigs.htm

only shows the "bullet pictogram" for Navy - possibly this explains my questions so when someone says I can use a Navy style that is all I've seen.

Bummer as I really prefer the pictogram "bullets".

·
2,832 Posts
you can only use the lower at the far right(picture).......anything with bullets needs a new trigger pack.

its alot of $ for the bullets and the selctor is louder than the SEF type packs, that said......the picto pacts are cool

now there may be some non HK picto lowers you can use with your SEF pack, I think some of the clone guns use them

landpimp: the "Navy Trigger Group" as shown on the HKPRO site:

http://www.hkpro.com/trigs.htm

only shows the "bullet pictogram" for Navy - possibly this explains my questions so when someone says I can use a Navy style that is all I've seen.

Bummer as I really prefer the pictogram "bullets".

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is the only change with the far right photo the ambidextrous selector?

Does anyone know a quality armorer anywhere near Tampa, Fl that I could contact for a quote?

·
2,832 Posts
that should not have a ambi selector, the only SEF type packs with the ambi selctor are MSG90 packs, but you can(with some mods) add one(but have to use the PSG1 pack) to a SEF

even with an HK amrorer, you cant make you SEF pack fit a picto lower.....at least that I know if

is the only change with the far right photo the ambidextrous selector?

Does anyone know a quality armorer anywhere near Tampa, Fl that I could contact for a quote?

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The armorer question was if I purchased the new trigger pack for the pictogram, clipped and pinned, etc. which was your first reply in the thread.

Do you know any?

·
Registered
162 Posts
you can purchase a 'fbi' semi auto ambi pack for b/t 400 and 500 dollars.
then you can purchase the ambi controls for ~160.00
then purchase a picto lower for 90, have it clipped and pinned for ~50
then install the guts into the lower housing..

voila the look of a machine gun, for only 800 dollars...

It does everything your sef pack does now...but looks cooler... is it worth the extra dollars.. that is in the eyes of the beholder :)

good luck

·
2,832 Posts
you can do the same with the others, but the guts will still be semi auto, price would be the same. Its REALLY spendy to get the bullets, not worth it IMOP...cool yes. Also the picto packs are louder when moving the selector, not a big deal to most.

the last photo is not what I want or am referring to ( semi-auto ). I believe you meant to send this complete package:

http://www.hkparts.net/Pictures/MP5 K/MP5K 3 pos navy TG.JPG

Thanks for all your help and suggestions!

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you can purchase a 'fbi' semi auto ambi pack for b/t 400 and 500 dollars.
then you can purchase the ambi controls for ~160.00
then purchase a picto lower for 90, have it clipped and pinned for ~50
then install the guts into the lower housing..

voila the look of a machine gun, for only 800 dollars...

It does everything your sef pack does now...but looks cooler... is it worth the extra dollars.. that is in the eyes of the beholder :)

good luck
Trip: My MP5K-N is a registered as a "machine gun auto sear" - no interest in semi-auto pack. Looks like I've found out what I need, here we go:

1. HK German 3 Position (0,1,F) Navy Ambidextrous Trigger Group Complete $565
2. have it clipped and pinned $45
3. HK German Ambidextrous Right Side Selector Lever $50
4. HK Left Side Ambidextrous Extended Safety Selector Lever For 3 Position $135
5. Total $795 + armorer to install

·
Registered
162 Posts
ahhhhh, I see said the blind man ;)

I was not aware you had a sear :)

Yep, just buy the pack you want (navy or burst) and the lower plus selectors, and ship it off along with your sear to your armorer of choice.

Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts