HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a link to instructions or a how-to for swapping out the trigger return spring on a P30? I was thinking of trying out the heavy return spring and seeing if that helped with a more forceful reset.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't have a video, but I got a few tips.

1. Make sure you take a good look at the current one so you know how it should sit.
2. Keep the trigger in its most forward position. Tape helps.
3. Make a slave pin. This helped me on my USP. Use it to keep the spring in place and help line it up.

Just be prepared to walk away from it for a bit. The first time can be really frustrating.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What's a Slave pin???

I was having so much trouble with installing the Light TRS. I gave up and put the heavy TRS back and converted the rest of the gun to Todd Green variant.

I'll play with this one for a while and maybe try install the light TRS in a month.

I don't have a video, but I got a few tips.

1. Make sure you take a good look at the current one so you know how it should sit.
2. Keep the trigger in its most forward position. Tape helps.
3. Make a slave pin. This helped me on my USP. Use it to keep the spring in place and help line it up.

Just be prepared to walk away from it for a bit. The first time can be really frustrating.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Push the slide release lever from right --> left as if you were to field strip the gun, but do not push it out completely. Look for the TRS leg resting on the notch of the lever and lift it up to clear the notch, then push the lever all the way out. If you don't lift the leg, you will ruin the TRS and need a replacement.

A set of needle-point pliers and a vise will make it easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts