HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How does the size of the Sig P220 Carry grip length compare to the USPc?

I asked this question over at Sig forums but got no response. I know the Sig P220 has a height of .5" more than the USPc, but a lot of that height looks like it is in the frame and not in the grip, but I could be wrong.

Which is more concealable? P220 looks slimmer, but I know the length of the grip can be more of an issue than width.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
you are correct. The grip on the sig p220 is bulkier, part of the reasons why I chose HK as my hands didn't fit well on the P220 and the P226 Navy.

·
Registered
114 Posts
the 220 grip circumference is about 1/8 of an inch bigger than the usp compact 9/40 but the feel is very different. The 220 is definitely taller and harder to conceal.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Having handled & fired both, i'd say the P220R Carry is heavier and a tad larger. I'd also have to say that the single stack mags on the P220 Carry contributes greatly to the feel of the full size frame/pistol. Also, the short-slide Carry is easier to weild and point than a long slide -imho...

But if pressed, I'd have to say the Hk is more concealable. Not that you can't conceal a Carry well. You could. But vs. the Hk, the USPc gets the edge.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks guys, one more pistol to cross off the the list :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
While i was testing several before I cam to the conclusion of buying an HK, I tessted the two Sig's the 220 and 229 and found both to be bulky and didn't like the over all feel.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have both a 220 SAO Carry and a USPc 9mm. The USPc 9mm is thinner. But I think the USP 45 has thicker grip that the USPc 9mm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts