HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stuck using a Z-5RS in pistol form with the SB-Tactical arm brace and would like to utilize a 2-point sling.
The preferred sling will be a Way-of-the-Gun Proctor sling with the provided 550 cord attachment ends which can easily loop into anything.

How effective are the use of sling pins for the rear? Not much information out there besides that it's available on the market. Anyone have experience?

Danke

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm stuck using a Z-5RS in pistol form with the SB-Tactical arm brace and would like to utilize a 2-point sling.
The preferred sling will be a Way-of-the-Gun Proctor sling with the provided 550 cord attachment ends which can easily loop into anything.

How effective are the use of sling pins for the rear? Not much information out there besides that it's available on the market. Anyone have experience?

Danke
I have en AR pistol and a PTR PDW set up with a sling to help stabilize the cheek weld with a SIG Brace. The sling attaches at the muzzle end and at the rear of the receiver. The receiver attachment for the AR pistol is whatever you like as part of the buffer tube plate. For the PTR I use 1" webbing combined with a ring for a HK or mash hook connection. Multiple wraps of 550 cord would also work on the buffer (extension) tube. I like the idea of multiple wraps to lessen the possibility of a single point failure. Plus it does give me extra length if I need to piece something together. The Way-of-the-Gun sling looks good, but I prefer a bit more security.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input, I'm well aware of the end plate options with AR's but the MP5 platform isn't as modular and I'm not so sure you fully understood the answer. I apologize in advance if you were simply providing alternatives.

This is my setup so far with the brace:

The sling pin in question is pictured below:

I have ITW mash hooks and HK style hooks available to attach to any sling, I would prefer to rock a simple Proctor sling since it's very minimal and the 550 cord loop ends are easy to use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts