HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the video carrera has on youtube and it makes the light LEM job look real easy. My question is if I carry cocked and locked hammer back am I going to see a benefit for the light LEM setup? I'm considering the LEM for the elimination of the safety. If I were to convert my pistol could I get a lighter pull after the prestaging 1.5lbs at the break than I would with the V1 cocked?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I saw the video carrera has on youtube and it makes the light LEM job look real easy. My question is if I carry cocked and locked hammer back am I going to see a benefit for the light LEM setup? I'm considering the LEM for the elimination of the safety. If I were to convert my pistol could I get a lighter pull after the prestaging 1.5lbs at the break than I would with the V1 cocked?
LEM is double action only. You cannot carry it cocked and locked. 2 totally different trigger systems.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
It's a similar break to the V1 pull. You should be getting a break somewhere in the neighborhood of 5lbs + or - 0.5 lbs.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Not knowing what your V1 SA trigger weights I can't say Light LEM will be heavier or lighter. My HK45C measures 5.5 pounds on my digital scale. I suspect interior polishing can get it even lower, but I'm happy. My USPC9C Light LEM is 5.2 pounds.

Don't let HK's advertising that this is "double action only" fool you. It is as SA as it can get. * The trigger doesn't cock the pistol, the slide already did. But timid police department administrators won't buy SA pistols. Yep, same reason Glock and S&W M&P claim to be DAO. :wink: Other than the initial take-up, which HK recommends you pull thru as soon as the pistol points toward the target, the pistol feels just like a SA. Probably 'cuz it is!

* There is a DA mode, but it only works dry firing or attempting to apply a "second strike" to a misfire. There is no way to decock LEM other than pulling the trigger with the slide closed.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not knowing what your V1 SA trigger weights I can't say Light LEM will be heavier or lighter. My HK45C measures 5.5 pounds on my digital scale. I suspect interior polishing can get it even lower, but I'm happy. My USPC9C Light LEM is 5.2 pounds.

Don't let HK's advertising that this is "double action only" fool you. It is as SA as it can get. * The trigger doesn't cock the pistol, the slide already did. But timid police department administrators won't buy SA pistols. Yep, same reason Glock and S&W M&P claim to be DAO. :wink: Other than the initial take-up, which HK recommends you pull thru as soon as the pistol points toward the target, the pistol feels just like a SA. Probably 'cuz it is!

* There is a DA mode, but it only works dry firing or attempting to apply a "second strike" to a misfire. There is no way to decock LEM other than pulling the trigger with the slide closed.

-- Chuck
I hear you. I thought if the V1 was say 5.5lbs maybe the LEM could be 5lbs. I've seen the LEM In vids online and agree it a single action design. Oh well guess i'm not missing much if I always have the hammer cocked. Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the light LEM on my HK45 and P30.
In my opinion it is a great improvement over the transition from a sa/da.
I have had the medium and heavy lems and the light is certainly an improvement.
I do not believe in safetys as they can get in the way.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The HK trigger system is highly adaptable.

If you're comfortable with SA and the HK lever the V5/V6 detent plate will make the pistol SAO. Has Safe but no decock. Like LEM, though, the DA pull remains dry firing or for "second strike." The HK lever does not fit my long-adapted M1911 thumb and I'd just as soon not flip any levers. I shot my USPC as V3 while waiting for my LEM kit a couple of years ago. For mandated DA/SA carry this works well as you can ignore the lever other than decocking. Just like a SIG, just pull the trigger. BTW, the V5/V5 detent plate (and other hardware) will put a manual safety on a LEM pistol. Highly redundant and unnecessary in my view but some have expressed a desire for it.

I think DA pistols with safeties are a liability. My "personal M9" pistol has the M92G slide. Decock only, the lever pops right back up to Fire. Just pull the trigger.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the light LEM on my HK45 and P30.
In my opinion it is a great improvement over the transition from a sa/da.
I have had the medium and heavy lems and the light is certainly an improvement.
I do not believe in safetys as they can get in the way.
Agree, all my pistols are without safety.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.