HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Descending into HKoholism
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got several of the HK P30 magazine conversion kits, but I have always been a huge fan of the P2000.
So I was thinking if there is a way for me to push the capacity for my P2000. :geek:

Here is what I did on two of my magazines to increase their capacity, without getting to a cane sticking out the pistol grip.
  1. P2000 40 S&W magazine
  2. HK P30 magazine conversion kit (only the follower and the spring)
  3. Armanov +2 base pad for P30
I shot both magazines this weekend, and I had no issues.
I certainly enjoyed the "is this magazine going to ever end?" feeling. :)

With the Armanov pads being made for the P30, there is a small gap between the end of the pistol and the top of the base pad.
It is not as big as if I have a P30 magazine inserted, but exists. It bugs me a little.

Here are some pictures of my experiment:

One other question I am asking myself is whether this is worth it.
Considering I have bought most of my P2000 magazines somewhere between $10 and $15, each of the kits and the base pads adds about that much to the cost.
Oh, well that is something else for me to think about. :whistle:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Interesting I will say. Glad they seem to function just fine. I’d be interested to see if they continue to do so. But… cool. Don’t think I’d trust it to CCW that way but fun for range and maybe a backup mag.

·
Descending into HKoholism
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting I will say. Glad they seem to function just fine. I’d be interested to see if they continue to do so. But… cool. Don’t think I’d trust it to CCW that way but fun for range and maybe a backup mag.
I do not carry it for one other reason - concealability.
P2000 is not that tiny to start with, so it does not need the extra length in the grip.
However, I have somewhere around 20+ magazines, and I love tinkering.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Sweet deal my brotha great to see people are still out there trying to make it better for use addicts !!! Hahahaaaaa

·
Registered
260 Posts
I can’t speak to this conversion but I will say simply running 9mm out of the .40s has seemed completely reliable when I have messed around with it. Again I would‘t suggest relying on or for serious social purposes but it’s an option if needed / wanted.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Great idea and very creative. I recently discovered a "hack" for my Stoeger M2000 Shotgun. Nobody makes a mag tube extension for it because they had three different thread pitches over the period of production (the end cap, not the receiver end) The Franchi Affinity magazine tube fits the Stoeger receiver. This allows me to use an extended mag tube from MOA precision. My old Stoeger is now a 12 rd shotgun for 3-gun competitions. I shared the hack with Benelli/Stoeger and MOA Precision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts