HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is: I want to modify my USP and get a Jarvis tac barrel for it. To be honest, I don't need the can or the threads. I can easily find this barrel... so, How much trouble can I get into for having it? Would I even be safe firing on a range with it?

·
Registered
851 Posts
I would not tempt fate. If it is not allowed, then don't do it or possess it. Just think what type of people go to gun ranges: gun enthusiasts and LEO's. Bring out something that doesn't belong or look right and chances are at best they confiscate it or at worst, you get arrested.

·
Registered
36 Posts
How pregnant is my wife?

I can't comment on the legal question, but it seems, by the way you are asking the question that you would be willing to do something that is not legal, if the penalty wasn't too harsh if you got caught... if that is the case, I would tell you not to do anthing that is even questionable...

This may not be the way you intended to come across, but that was my initial impression.

·
Registered
802 Posts
It depends on what you do since they can nail you on one of two charges. It can be anywhere from $500 fine and being butt raped for 1 year or they can have you be butt raped for 4-8 years.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Illegal is illegal whether it's a misdemeanor or a felony. Sounds like your asking for members here to tell you it's not a big deal if it's illegal. Well it is. Don't get you @$$ in a crack that it already doesn't have.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I really don't see the need to risk a felony just to have a "cool looking" silencer. I hope thats why you want it though, just because it is cool.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My question is: I want to modify my USP and get a Jarvis tac barrel for it. To be honest, I don't need the can or the threads. I can easily find this barrel... so, How much trouble can I get into for having it? Would I even be safe firing on a range with it?
As mentioned above, you'd be at risk for a felony, as you'd have manufactured an illegal assault weapon, adding a threaded barrel to a USP is treated the same as having an unregistered detachable magazine, pistol gripped AR-15.

·
Registered
229 Posts

"Don't even think about it!"

".50 kalibur rifles, threaded barrels and other such things are verboten in Kaaaalifornia!"

"More detailed information on gun laws and other such things will follow shortly after dis writer's strike is resolved."

"One other thing... NO smoking in de forrests either... Not even fine cigars!"

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
I believe you are asking for a quantitative answer to a qualitative question. No means no.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Owning a threaded barrel is fine. The problem is when you attach it to a semi-automatic pistol. That's what you cannot do without breaking this law.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Why dont you just get an EXTENDED, NON THREADED barrel from Jarvis?

It doesn't have to be threaded, im sure an "extended target barrel" would be fine.... course i dont live there :p

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nobody has mentioned that if you are convicted of a felony you will no longer be able to legally own ANY firearm and that would really suck! California is one screwed up place, why don't you move?
-Oakley:(

·
Registered
260 Posts
Y'know, I hate to say it, but just the title of this thread ticks me off. When combined with the intent that can be inferred from such a post, this question rapidly approaches the level of terminal idiocy.

Buy the barrel, install it, and then let us know how it worked out for you from the San Quentin internet cafe.

I know, I need to come out of my shell. Maybe I should take an assertiveness class. I'll call Tony Robbins on Monday.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh man , Those Arnold pictures and your text cracks me up man....but to the original topic...How illegal is anything illegal? answer: ITS ILLEGAL!!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
just get an extended barrel without the threads. most barrel makers are going to charge you at least $50 more for the illegal threading, so you are saving money too.

i was looking at EFK firedragon barrels today. a compensated 400 corbon barrel would be sweet for my tactical.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.