HKPRO Forums banner

How long till you went LEM?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've had my V1 for a little over two months now and I'm slowly thinking I might want to switch to LEM. Really curious on how long it took for you all to decide and switch. Bonus points if you provide some insight to back up your vote and which LEM version you went with.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I've shot HK's for 11 years and just switched to LEM last year. I was happy with my DASA setup, and still shoot the double action just fine. I switched for gaming use, and it made perfect sense for everything to be the same.

I love the LEM, esp the light LEM. I think I could go back, but I see no reason to.

·
Registered
924 Posts
It was actually 1 hk45c DA/SA, 2 Sigs, 2 p7s and then the p2000sk which was a v2 I converted to v1 LEM. About 18 months from my first HK to my first LEM.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Is the LEM swap from the V1 something that can be done by yourself or does it require an HK armorer?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well... Considering I bought my first HK this past Dec 23rd (I had a V1 about 8 years ago but I'm not counting that one) and picked up my 3rd today... A P30 LEM. I just got back from the range and I'm loving the LEM. I will be converting my 45c soon. So, it basically took me 41 days.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have had the HK45C V1 DA/SA for about 18 months and thoroughly love it. After reading all the positive aspects of the LEM trigger, and dry-firing one at the LGS when it came time to purchase my next HK for concealed carry I decided that I wanted something that could be brought into action immediately upon drawing it without having to manipulate any safety. I decided on the P2000SK 9MM LEM V2 converted to V1, I do not care for the de-cocker design on the P series pistols either. I am still contemplating changing over the 45C as I do really like the SA trigger, but having to manipulate the safety lever interferes with my ability to get my high firing hand grip upon drawing it from the holster and I find it also compromises my final firing grip so changes (Light LEM) might be coming. GOTURBACK

·
Registered
8 Posts
Took over a year. With the usp full size models, the decocker was always in the way with my grip. Switch to lem and have now changed all of my hks as well. Best decision I ever made.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Bought a P2000 2 years ago in .40, DA/SA. Put about 500 rounds through it and carried it for a few months. I never did like the DA/SA from the factory. Coming from P Series Sig DA/SA, the Hk equivalent just couldn't compare in terms of feel. The gun took entirely too much concentration to be accurate with and I'm a fairly good shot with a pistol.

Fast forward 2 years later and I rented a P2000sk .40S&W LEM. Night and day difference to me, excellent trigger. The dual recoil system in the smaller P2000 soaks up recoil better to me and I was accurate from the first magazine.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I clicked the two week button. Most of that time was waiting for parts.

I picked a 99% USP9C in a trade a couple of summers ago. I'd last owned an HK, a USP45C, probably 10 years prior and had forgotten how horrible the HK DA/SA V1 trigger really is for the DA shot (9+ pounds!), and the needless complication of the Safe-Fire-Decock lever. I searched for a solution.

First solution was easy. I fitted the V3/V4 detent plate and eliminated the unnecessary Safe position on the lever. Didn't solve the trigger, but at least the pistol could not be accidentally safed, nor did I need to ride the lever like a M1911. Stumbled into this forum and noted the LEM discussion.

I ordered LEM "kit" out of a place in Boston which was really just a bag full of parts. Big Bore's photo essay provided the instructions. Conversion took less than an hour including doing some of it twice for the cocking piece spring. Took her to the range.

Big disappointment! Darn trigger was worse. Now every shot was almost 9 pounds! More research and review of the parts lists indicated Light LEM was available. Ordered the springs from HKI in Columbus GA and did the conversion again. Wonderful trigger at just over 5 pounds! Every shot.

HK pistols in Light LEM replaced my SIGs rapidly. HK45C took over P220 duties, the USP9C had already replaced the 228, and a P2000SK replaced the P239. Note they're all Light LEM.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
794 Posts
No LEM for me. I strongly prefer DA/.SA and have shot that system very well for many years. Bill

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
ALL my HKs (that apply) are still DA/SA. I still have NOT converted to LEM, I have a LEM P2000 just to try it out and it feels nice and I shoot it decently well. But the rest of my guns are DA/SA and I have no intention in converting.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Six months + for me. After buying the HK45 (2007) and HK45C (2008) in V1, I bought a P2000SK .40 LEM (summer of 2010) for EDC.

I liked the LEM trigger system so much on my P2000SK, it convinced me to convert both .45s as soon as I can get around to it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts