HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night at the range my wife is shooting her Beretta 950BS .25... I'm shooting my USP compact .40. Of course she can shoot whatever I/we have, but then she asks..."how come I don't have my own HK". Then she started to read the "compromise" slogan off the patch on my range bag.

Then I felt bad... the 950BS is kinda puny.:720:

So I made up my mind last night... I'm going to get her, her own P2000SK in 9mm. Better late than never.

She actually did very well shooting the .40 but I think she'll like the feel of shooting 9mm better.

The other thing I noticed last night was there were about 10 women at the range to about 5 guys counting the staff... that's a good thing.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have to buy one for my wife before I'm "allowed" to have any more... she's been looking at an SK as well.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I purchased a P2000sk as a christmas present for my wife in 2006. She was less than enthused. I think she was expecting something a little more romantic.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I bought mine a USP9c. She has a lot more now and bought the majority herself, including that nickel P7M13 I wanted!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Be careful about buying spouses guns. I have friends who have bought their wives or girlfriends guns. What happened? They pawned it or sold it within a week for name brand clothes and jewelry. You can't force anyone to like guns or shooting. If your wife likes guns, she'll buy them on her own and love them. Then you wouldn't have to buy an HK for them. If they don't like guns, don't push it. You'll regret it dearly.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,657 Posts
I have tried for years to buy my wife an HK. Each time I do, she tries it, says "meh", and I get a new HK. Not a bad plan for me, but I really cannot stand that POS Sigma .40 that she carries. That said, I simply do not have the courage to forbid its presence in my house. Because that would mean that my presence would no longer be required...

·
Super Moderator
4,380 Posts
My wife has not one whit of interest in owning, shooting, collecting any firearms. I'm just quite proud of the fact that she has never tried to reign me in on my inclinations to own, carry, shoot, and collect them . . . ;)

·
Registered
404 Posts
my girl for some reason prefers to shoot my glock over my hk or sig i keep trying to get her to shoot the hk more but she only likes the glock. my conclusion - women are wacky!!!!!

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
I tell Connie most of them are for her....if she wants them...:D

all the NIB HK's I have are Connies :D
LMAO!

When my fiance and I were at the gun shop earlier tonight, she took interest to the USC/UMP conversion I was looking at. She said "Ooooh honey! I really like that one, I think even I would have fun shooting it!"

My response was, "Oh yeah? Hmmm, when I come back tomorrow I just might have to buy it for you." :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
Be careful about buying spouses guns. I have friends who have bought their wives or girlfriends guns. What happened? They pawned it or sold it within a week for name brand clothes and jewelry. You can't force anyone to like guns or shooting. If your wife likes guns, she'll buy them on her own and love them. Then you wouldn't have to buy an HK for them. If they don't like guns, don't push it. You'll regret it dearly.
Good advice I think. There is a female shooter here on the boards that pointed out the simplest, yet most profound wisdom regarding this question. Her recommendation: Take her to the gun shop and let her pick out what she wants. Don't try to out guess her, include her and listen to what she would like. You will find that she will want to shoot with you a lot more often and enjoy it more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yah to that.
I met a woman at the range last weekend. Her BF gave her a Baby Eagle 40SW for Xmas. (Nice gift!)
She didn't like it 'cuz it was too big for her hand. I said, 'here, try my P7.'
She liked it.

:640:

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
My wife's first HK, was a USP40f when they first came out. As soon as the the compacts came out....USP9c. Both have/had very low serial #'s.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I try to get as many women out to the range as possible. Most really like it. One of them liked it so much, that I bought a P2000 9mm V3 for her and had it NP3'd. I gave it to her and she loves it! She often asks me to take her to the range and seems to enjoy shooting. Hopefully it sticks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My wife and I buy most of our guns together. I had the full size USP and she had a hard time with the size of the grip. So we bought the USP compact for her (in .40S&W). She likes shooting it, and last night she finally figured out how to rack the slide, so now she could "go shooting by herself" (her words).

About gun related "presents" be careful. When I got my wife some new springs for her Ruger GP100 to lighten the trigger and some spare mags for her Browning buckmark as Christmas presents it didn't go over to well.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts