HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a bucket of 5000 M-27 links for my MM23e. Thats 50-100 round belts.

How many links do you have/want/need?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
13,900 counting the 5000 with a hole I received from a friend and not counting the 5,300 I gave away (a different 5000 with a hole) or the 300 I sold with the Shrike.

More important is do you have ammo to load all your links a second and third time ;-)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"More important is do you have ammo to load all your links a second and third time ;-) "

Right now 27,000 factory .223. Might need some more.

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
have something like 10-15k with ammo in them, and I think another 5-10k unloaded. I think I'm good... but my girl LOVES to link belts.

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
My God Gentlemen!

Thats quite the cache of ammo and links. I'm a 5,000 links dude with my mm23e. Maybe 400 rnds linked ready to go, and another 1,500 rounds .223 sitting around stored.

I can't ever seem to horde up the ammo like ya'll. I tend to shoot my stash and when I save up enough funds...I invariably spend it all on another host weapon as opposed to ammo.

I'm like the crack head who never has enough to buy more than an 8-ball or whatever at a time...despite going thru a fair amount of ammo via shooting.

To try to break the habit I broke out the Uzi with .22 kit and informally plinked about 300 rnds y'day. Had a blast and didnt bust the wallet. I see myself doing more .22 shooting after enjoying my rare .22 outing.

-hh

·
Registered
87 Posts
Every wed. night we have a linking party ( 2 pull linkers running for 3 hrs ) current level 20,000 linked (green tips), 15,000-16,000 in blue bags ( all new condition & 300 hundred m-27 with holes (Saudi or Kuwaiti contract) and have to admit doing by hand is just as fast as pull linking when you consider quality control ( properly seated rounds ). T

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
My God Gentlemen!

Thats quite the cache of ammo and links. I'm a 5,000 links dude with my mm23e. Maybe 400 rnds linked ready to go, and another 1,500 rounds .223 sitting around stored.
I can't ever seem to horde up the ammo like ya'll. I tend to shoot my stash and when I save up enough funds...I invariably spend it all on another host weapon as opposed to ammo.
I'm like the crack head who never has enough to buy more than an 8-ball or whatever at a time...despite going thru a fair amount of ammo via shooting.

To try to break the habit I broke out the Uzi with .22 kit and informally plinked about 300 rnds y'day. Had a blast and didnt bust the wallet. I see myself doing more .22 shooting after enjoying my rare .22 outing.
-hh
Remember the Y2K and last election ammo shortages, really hate to have to buy ammo just to shoot and then have to wait. Having less than 2.000 rounds of one type of 5.56 ammo would count at being out in my world .... let along total ;-). Just after the Y2K shortages one of the local police departments needed to qualify and offered to supply them (through my local friend / FFL / SOT) if they needed, out of ready stores ;-).

Now I have friends that are real ammo hordes, which I reserve for well north of 100K of one type of ammo locally, all with out any known failure modes of concrete slabs ;-).

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Now I have friends that are real ammo hordes, which I reserve for well north of 100K of one type of ammo locally, all with out any known failure modes of concrete slabs ;-).
Rebar can be your friend... a fact unfortunately forgotten by the bastage I contracted to do my garage slab...

Apparently, the nitwits thought steel mesh was enough to do the job... and might have been had the idjots not walked all over the mesh as it was poured and forced it to the bottom of the 'crete as they worked it smooth. I asked about that and they poo-pooed my inquiry. So here I sit, with a brandy new (looking) home with the entire back 8 feet (by 34 foot wide) of garage slab cracked off and the rest starting to spiderweb all over...

They went out of bidness several years after my job was done... gee whiz, wonder why.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Shattered's got me beat by a mile ... I tend to keep ammo and large items with friends ;-)

-------------

Shattered sounds like perfect time to dig out the garage, repair the floor and if water table allows add vertical below ground safe ... or at least a thicker floor. One of the guys has a bobcat that he added the basement to half the house with and other "yard" jobs of similar scale.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts