HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HK Hammer Spring | HK Spring - HKPARTS.NET

Just got my P30 LEM and absolutely love it. I changed out the FPBS and TRS last night. I am thinking I may try changing the TRS back and trying the above mentioned spring. If I'm thinking right, it's supposed to make the pull in between V1 and V2. Have not tried it yet and thought I would on this one.

I think this is the correct spring I have read about. If it's not, someone please let me know.

My question is has anyone here done this setup and have you had any problem with light primer strikes when converting to the 12 lb hammer spring?

Any advise is appreciated as always.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
If you keep the light FPBS that you just put in last night, put back the original LEM TRS (heavy), and this new hammer spring (214300), you will have the Todd Green Special version (V-TGS). V-TGS will give you 6.1 lbs trigger pull. There won't be any light strikes with V-TGS.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I run a P30 V1 in competition and have yet to have a light strike. That being said, I don't bang a lot of CCI primers (mostly Federal and Winchester) but I wouldn't worry about them igniting.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
About the only bitch I have with V1 LEM on my P30 is a slightly sluggish reset. I don't really notice it when shooting fast but it is noticable when dry firing.

I might try replacing the TRS with another light on, maybe I just got a bum spring, or maybe the TGS.

Never any light strikes in 2K, mostly Speer TMJs, Federal HSTs, and some blaser brass, all V1.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About the only bitch I have with V1 LEM on my P30 is a slightly sluggish reset. I don't really notice it when shooting fast but it is noticable when dry firing.

I might try replacing the TRS with another light on, maybe I just got a bum spring, or maybe the TGS.

Never any light strikes in 2K, mostly Speer TMJs, Federal HSTs, and some blaser brass, all V1.
I have done two LEMs now, my P2000 and now P30. The reset on both is no slower than before, very smooth and quick just a lot lighter pull.

About to order the (TGS) P30 hammer spring. Would have already done it but discovered I left my wallet in my wifes truck. So I will have to wait till she gets home to order one.

I have an extra light P30 TRS if you want to try it. I ordered two just in case one went flying across my garage. Which happened while doing my P2000, luckily I found it. If you want it, PM me your address and I will get it in the mail for you. I wish HKParts would start selling lube or something. Shipping on these dang springs are killing me and there is nothing else they sell that I need to offset the cost of shipping. Top Gun Supply has the hammer spring a little cheaper, but the shipping is even higher. I may just order extra pins and crap while I'm at it.

I was thinking. Which usually gets me in trouble. But isn't the TGS spring just the regular DA/SA spring? Surely if it wouldn't cause light strikes in the V3 P30 it wouldn't the V2 or V1.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
The hammer spring for TGS is actually the same DA/SA spring in USP full-size or P30L. So if you happen to own one of them, you could try to see if you like the pull.

The P30 does NOT come with this hammer spring originally. Only the P30L does.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I was thinking. Which usually gets me in trouble. But isn't the TGS spring just the regular DA/SA spring? Surely if it wouldn't cause light strikes in the V3 P30 it wouldn't the V2 or V1.
That was my way of thinking when I went to V1. Seems to be holding true. If I start getting light strikes it'll be time to asses and re-evaluate.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The hammer spring for TGS is actually the same DA/SA spring in USP full-size or P30L. So if you happen to own one of them, you could try to see if you like the pull.

The P30 does NOT come with this hammer spring originally. Only the P30L does.
Don't have one. But that would explain why the P30L I fondled a couple days ago felt lighter and quite nice actually, even though it was DA/SA. Definately want to try that spring now. Thanks again TooSixy. You are always a big help.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was my way of thinking when I went to V1. Seems to be holding true. If I start getting light strikes it'll be time to asses and re-evaluate.
Good. So it's not just me. I have some CCI, so I will try them first when I get the springs swapped. I guess if it doesn't have any problems with them I am good to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts