HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I like the Navy ambi look w/ 3 round burst feature and would like to send my sear to one of the qualified HK smiths to complete the conversion & timing.

How much does it cost?
Who has the lowest price on German 4 position MP5 & MP5K lower?
Who’s the real guru of sear pack conversion?
Expected turn around time?
What happens to my old sear ready pack? Do I have to destroy?

I spent last 7 days to read as many threads as possible but still so many questions to ask…

·
Registered
532 Posts
Agree with kjo; it's about $1000 for the parts and conversion of a pack to match your sear.

The other sear-ready pack that you own should be sold to someone with a sear and looking for a conversion. BATFE has determined that possession of a sear-ready pack without a sear installed *could* constitute constructive possession and an unregistered MG due to hammer follow, but that is a personal decision. If you want to play it safe (and I recommend you do), sell it.

Murray Urbach, Terry Dyer, Arizona Response Systems, and many others have performed this conversion over time. I have an Urbach converted burst pack that has worked flawlessly since day one and am a personal fan of the 3RB packs and frames.

Take care and good luck,

·
Vendor
727 Posts
A few ways to go about this....

I have some answers to your questions feel free to contact me direct if you would like some help with getting you set up and steered in right direction.

An FYI...one of the best solutions for the old existing sear ready trigger pack is to permanently convert the sear ready pack to semi (you are half way there anyway) while the other newer trigger pack is being converted to your new sear pack (where the sear will reside) have the gunsmith do both at the same time. That way there will be no questions or possible issues with a sear pack (with no sear in it) changing hands even if it is for a brief period of time.

I hope this helps and feel free to contact me. :)

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I had one done by Urbach in April. The conversion was $175, it was a used pack I bought for $450.

2 or 3 other places quoted me $995 with the pack, or $300 if I provided a pack. So $175 sounded like a great deal.

I can do them myself now, but I don't have an FFL yet, so I can't do them for anyone else. There's not really a "guru" for pack conversions. They're not difficult, you either have the equipment to do them (welder and mill) or you don't.

Turnaround time should be short, it's just a cut here, a welded up hole there, a redrilled hole here, and a tab welded onto the front of the hammer. And you can sell the old pack. If it's an SEF, you should be able to get $250 - $300 for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts