HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shaking my usp compact . 45 and the slide moves a little bit left and right on the frame. I assume this is normal? I can hear a little bit of rattling when i shake it from side to side. Is this normal? Still shoots great as I took it to the range today.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
I think you are likely hearing the free floating recoil buffer located on the guide rod instead of the slide rattling.

In addition, the slide to frame fit of a USP is not akin to that of a, for example, custom built 1911. The slide to frame fit is slightly more loose in tolerance on purpose to aid in reliable function under adverse conditions.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have a new usp 45 compact and an HK45c and both have some play side to side on the slide. You want them a little loose. Makes em run good. 2nd the bushing making noise.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My HK45C has some side to side play between the slide and frame. I was in such awe of the pistol that it was a few weeks after buying it before I noticed the slide play. As long as the pistol shoots well there isn't anything to worry about.

I currently also have a CZ 75 SP-01 that has a really nice tight but smooth side to frame fit. It may not make the pistol more accurate but it has a nice feel to it.

Years ago I used to own an old WWII Remington Rand 1911 built in 1943 that was super loose. Dispite the loose slide to frame fit it shot just fine and was reasonably accurate for an old horse pistol.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, Yeah i have a little play as I can physically see the slide move from side to side on the frame and was curious. I'm glad it's a normal thing

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
If it goes bang every time, don't worry about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
589 Posts
Search back a year or more. There was a plethora of "rattle" threads going way back. Nothing to worry about re any variety of them. Won't be next month, either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.