HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys. Got the K in that I bought from ew1439(thanks again!!!) and got to take it out yesterday. Ouch. This thing is hot hot hot. Help!!! I have decided to put a stupid barrel extension on until I get my form 1 back. Unless y'all have a better idea. In case you don't, where the world can I find an 11" extension? Preferably one that would be easy to remove once the form comes back. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
You probably don't want to hear this, but just send in the form 1 and wait...the blind pinning process sucks.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but without a K grip, this thing is almost impossible to shoot. Damn near impossible. After about 60 slow rounds, it was almost too hot to hold. By 90, I wanted to shoot it 1 handed. I shot a K on full auto at Jeff's and it wasn't bad. It had a K grip though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You probably don't want to hear this, but just send in the form 1 and wait...the blind pinning process sucks.
Lol. You are sooooooooo right.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wear a glove and/or hold it by the magwell.
Tried the mag well thing as well. In fact, that's where I normally hold. That trunion area gets hot though. I mean real hot. I think I'll get ahold of titleiiarms. Guy was very helpful with the 3 lug to 1/2x28 mount I bought from him. And the way his mount is, I'm sure it'd be really easy to pin without drilling through my barrel. Now to see of he can make one 11" long. That way I could at least get a choate and the K grip before getting the stamp back. It would make shooting a lot easier.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
the problem with the K is that the part of the receiver stays exposed, regardless of which grip you get. The easiest way around this is to add two things:

1. Small three rail mount
2. Israeli made foregrip (rotatable)

Then you rotate the grip to the rear position and epoxy the hell out of the thing. Maybe even drill and pin it. Then you can mount it as a lowered horizontal grip.

I've been shooting my MP5K-PDW configured clone lately and find that the front gets too hot, even with the use of the K grip.

OR...

Use the tri-rail and one of these:

That might be too long for a K gun. YMMV.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the problem with the K is that the part of the receiver stays exposed, regardless of which grip you get. The easiest way around this is to add two things:

1. Small three rail mount
2. Israeli made foregrip (rotatable)

Then you rotate the grip to the rear position and epoxy the hell out of the thing. Maybe even drill and pin it. Then you can mount it as a lowered horizontal grip.

I've been shooting my MP5K-PDW configured clone lately and find that the front gets too hot, even with the use of the K grip.

OR...

Use the tri-rail and one of these:

That might be too long for a K gun. YMMV.
Thanks for the tip retro. I didn't notice the K grip being too bad even with 2 mag dumps back to back. This seems like a possibility here. I'll check into this. The k is a fun little gun. Just too damn hot!! Lol

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Meh... just put it down once in a while and shoot something else... :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Meh... just put it down once in a while and shoot something else... :biggrin:
And where have you been? I was waiting on a response from you. Always something clever!!! Now why didn't I think of this?!

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
I had to sleep last night. Fat guys hate hot weather.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Thanks for the tip retro. I didn't notice the K grip being too bad even with 2 mag dumps back to back. This seems like a possibility here. I'll check into this. The k is a fun little gun. Just too damn hot!! Lol
Not sure how well the one in the picture would work with the K. It's a little long. But just an idea.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like the pot holder idea!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
It you are having problems holding the sp89 grip, then you are going to have problems with the k grip when you get your stamp. Do you have huge hands? I only notice my k getting hot when i have put 200 or so rounds thru it, then I just hold the grip itself firm and don't let the receiver hit my forward hand.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts