HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only posted on here a few times in the past so I am still a rookie and someday will own some HK's. Anyway someday I plan to own a Pro Arms MK5 (MP5 clone) and I was wondering if someone could explain and maybe even post some pics of a MP5 properly slung when not in use if they are walking around with it on them with the sling over there shoulder. I know that the way that guys were carrying it in the first Die Hard is incorrect since they had it slung horizontally under there arms with the muzzles pointing forward and I know that nobody around you would like that much because of accidental discharge and all that. So I take it there is another way to carry it if you are just slinging it and not have it in a tactical position. If you are walking around or climming or whatever.

"Yippy Kiya Mother******!":13:

·
Registered
589 Posts
That carry is known as 'Military Patrol Ready'. It and 'Offside Drop' (basically MPR backwards on your off side) are probably the most popular/useful ways to carry such a weapon. It basically comes down to where your sidearm is: if you carry on your strong side, then OD; if you carry crossdraw, then MPR. Both are correct. Muzzle/trigger discipline is always the responsibility of the operator.

·
Registered
50 Posts
How about on your back or on your front with the muzzle facing down? :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
I didn't say those were the only two ways. Just picture needing to use it real fast and having it slung in a climber's carry on your back. I believe you'll be taking some rounds. ;) Offside drop is probably the safest carry for a situation like the badguys are in in 'Die Hard' since the muzzle tends to point at the ground at about a 45 degree angle behind the operator when dropped, it just doesn't look as cool for the movies.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Google for the MP5 owners/users/operators manual. I think the wikipedia MP5 sight has lings at the bottom for the manual. It has quite a few pages covering use of the 3 point sling, and the different ways to carry using it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information guys. Even though it will be a long time before I have an MP5 clone. I still like to know how to safely carry it when loaded and not in use.

"Yippy Kiya Mother******!":18:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts