HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how but I got way too much sand in the stock after the range and I can hear/feel the sand grinding when I try to move the notch.

I looked all over online for a way to clean it but I can't find any videos or posts

It's the A3 milspec version I think, is there a way to take it apart and clean it?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Without disassembling the stock you could submerse the butt end of the stock in some mineral spirits and try to wash the sand and debris from the stock, then blow off the stock if you have access to compressed air. Usually any hardware store should have odorless mineral spirits. The mineral spirits should not affect the finish on the stock.
If you wanted to go the disassembly route, it looks like you have the newer version of a3 stocks.
The A3 stocks with the plastic end cap are a lot harder to reassemble.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Without disassembling the stock you could submerse the butt end of the stock in some mineral spirits and try to wash the sand and debris from the stock, then blow off the stock if you have access to compressed air. Usually any hardware store should have odorless mineral spirits. The mineral spirits should not affect the finish on the stock.
Too much work & plastic & rubber parts will hate it

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just tried pressured water and air, it helped a little but there is still some that feels deep within, anyone know how to take one apart to clean it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts