HKPRO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
18,624 Posts
CAUTION: HK pistol designs represent an optimization of a combination of safety, speed of deployment, accuracy, dependability, and durability. Do not attempt to make an HK pistol “better” by altering any of its components. Altering any part of the pistol or magazine may cause injury or death and will also void any HK warranty on the product.

See attachment for PDF instructions.

Attachments

·
Banned
18,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, sir. After getting a few questions about this new Firing Pin Safety, I figured a tutorial would be helpful.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Another great and necessary tutorial. Thanks TooSixy.

A word of caution about that little firing pin safety roll pin. I searched the entire room, tearing it apart looking for that tiny bugger. I turned the slide all around looking and nothing fell out. After 30 minutes of searching I found it clinging inside the rail groove within the side of the slide. If it were not for that, the tear down takes mere seconds and is a breeze.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Thanks 2Sixy! These are so helpful!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
one tip, when re-installing the firing pin block roll pin push in slightly on the firing pin to open up the hole and the pin will drop right in before having to tap the rest of the way

·
Banned
18,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
one tip, when re-installing the firing pin block roll pin push in slightly on the firing pin to open up the hole and the pin will drop right in before having to tap the rest of the way
Good tip, @rentz. I've updated the tutorial to reflect this tip. Thank you.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Outstanding how-to! Many thanks. FYI the Firing Pin roll pin they me for a loop as it is present on the P30sk but not on the P30 or usp. Great attention to detail on the parts labeling.

Also, it’s neat to see pics of the same gun being worked on by the previous owner that you are now working on. 😜

·
Banned
18,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FYI the Firing Pin Safety roll pin they me for a loop as it is present on the P30sk but not on the P30 or usp.
Fixed it for ya.

And you're correct; that's why the thread's title says P30SK. The last sentence in the first paragraph stated so, "It is a little different from the other HK pistols (USP, HK45, P2000/SK, etc.) due to the addition of new Firing Pin Safety in the P30SK (and VP9/VP40)."

You must have missed it :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
I know this is ancient but thanks again it’s very clear and made doing a thorough cleaning of my P30’s a breeze!

Amazing how much stuff gets in the extractor channel!

·
Registered
HK P30SKS LEM v0 with medium TRS, Grayguns Straight Trigger, and Short Reset System
23 Posts
I am trying to reinstall the firing pin safety with the spring, but somehow it doesn't fit into the opening anymore no matter the amount of hammering with a punch. Am I doing something wrong? Am I destroying my firing pin?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.