HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHen cleaning these guns after firing or for maintenance, where and how much lube should you use on the internal parts of the BCG, LP, and FP, and should you also put a film on the outside of the bolt group, or does this just attract more dirt and grime? If you do lube, what do you use? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Since I clean mine in a solvent tank, will spray all parts with Break Free CLP, let drip dry, wipe off excess with oily rage and then lube the high pressure points with the former Break Free auto cannon lube. However, I tend to shoot where it is either green and/or muddy, thus dust is a limited issue.

·
Registered
765 Posts
wipe off excess with oily rage
Don't take it out on your gun, bro! Maybe if you used less rage, you wouldn't get as oily? :wink:

If there's one thing I have discovered, it's that "recommended" lubrication doesn't fit for all environments. High humidity areas tend to need more to fend off corrosion, while drier areas may need less to avoid dust - mud buildup. Being in SE Pennsylvania, I'd say you probably want to leave just a bit of a sheen (not dropping off, but not a "dry lube" either) almost everywhere.

EDIT: where I live is very dry, dusty, and windy. I do a "dry lube" on everything. Strangely enough, I don't see any lubrication guidance in the operator's manual?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use Mil-tec on all my rifles. Only thing that kept our machine guns running in the sand box and since then it has gone on all my semi auto's. Status what is the reason for not lube'n the rollers?

Thanks,
Merritt

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I use clp on all my guns. I live in the middle of South Carolina. So I get humidity and dust!!! Yay! I leave a light coat of clp on them personally.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Nice catch ....
Hmmm... oily rage. I get that oily in the morning before the first cuppa joe. I'm cool after dat. Mellow even... Mmmm.... high test coffee and pills, gotta love it.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
It's true for me Shattered. I have been using a small dab of Magnalube Grease (rollers only) on all my Rollerlock rifles for the past 5 years with no problems.

The trick is to use a small amount, I find oil burns off.

HDH.
You misunderstand... all I said was they DO need lube. Doesn't really matter what you use... I prefer oil. When I shoot everything burns off anyhow... including the paint.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts