HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am posting this for a friend who just bought a bw-89 pistol. he is in the process of sbr'ing it and he wants top put a light on it. he thinks that if he goes with the 3-way rails on the front (i think from surefire) that he will not be able to cock it if he mounts the light on the left side and if he puts the light on the right side he will not be able to fold his stock in. and he dosent think that there will be enough room on the bottom rail for a vert. fore grip and a light. he wants to use like a streamlight m-6, or somthing about that size. so how have any of you guys put a light/laser on a bw-89 sbr with folding stock? pictures would be a big help. thanks.
-Jason G

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any ideas? can you use the surefire rails and attach a light and still be able to fold your stock and work the bolt?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Any ideas? can you use the surefire rails and attach a light and still be able to fold your stock and work the bolt?
If you put it on the bolt handle side you'll have trouble working the bolt, I tried to do that on my USC/UMP and it was a pain.

If you put it on the ejection port side, you'll have trouble closing the folding stock. That's where mine is on my USC/UMP, but mine is long enough that you can do that.

So the only choice you have is to put it under the barrel, somehow attached to the front grip. A Surefire front stock is out of the question because the 89 is too short for that. Do you just mount the light with no grip on the front, and hold the gun by the light? That seems kinda strange.

I've been googling around and I've seen pictures of an "SR-16" grip+light that looks like an Airsoft accessory, so I doubt that the light is worth a damn.

I think what you're trying to do is just impossible, or more trouble than it's worth. If it was me, I'd just mount the light on the ejection port side and forget about closing the folding stock up. It's a pretty short gun to begin with, so if you want it shorter then take the stock off.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanks for the info. the surefire he was talking about is a 3 way rail system made espically for the mp5k, it is very short and replaces the k grip. i told he that what he wanted is prob impossible, but thanks anyway for the suggestion.
-Jason G

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Urbanknight, I havent seen these kind of mounts that you are talking about? where can he find some more information on them? what company makes them and do they have a website?
-Jason G

·
Registered
113 Posts
It is this...
http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main...r=6&prrfnbr=22884&sesent=0,0&search_id=481569

I bought mine with no light, it just has rings, so you can mount the light of your choice.

Got it from one of these boards a while back, and certainly not at that price, but hey, if someone wanted to give me $300 for the dang thing, I am sure I could be forced to let it go, LOL

If my old memory works, I will pull the thing out and mock it up for you to see how tings fit in relation to the stock and such...

UK

·
Registered
257 Posts
Suggest the light with grip from Surefire ... works for me and bought it here!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts