HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of my gun and not sure which it is can anyone tell me how to figure it out ?

Or do I need to call HK give them the serial number and ask them ? ( fun fun )

Reason I ask is this safe queen up for sale.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Pull the trigger is the first step. Second step, rack the slide and see if the hammer remains cocked or does it follow the slide? You cannot rely upon the existence of the decocker and the non-spurred hammer as being DA/SA (V3). A lot of shooters have configured their 'P' Series pistols into unsupported configurations and it is possible to have an LEM (V1 or V2) pistol with a decocker and regular hammer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Pull the trigger is the first step. Second step, rack the slide and see if the hammer remains cocked or does it follow the slide?
You cannot rely upon the existence of the decocker and the non-spurred hammer as being DA/SA (V3). A lot of shooters have configured their 'P' Series pistols into unsupported configurations and it is possible to have an LEM (V1 or V2) pistol with a decocker and regular hammer.

Re: Stays cocked after I rack the slide.
Then could I assume its a V3 ?

I just don't want to missleed any potential buyers is all.

Last question for the group,
Anyone care to give there opinion at what the going rate is on it with brand new Night sights,old sights to,4 magazines, box plus all factory paperwork and under 50 rounds through it ?

As shown below,

Thanks again all for the info and opinions.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Somewhere in the $750 range give or take a little would be my guess.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I was thinking about same between $725.00 and $750.00 so I was in the ball park.
Thanks Brownie
I bumped it just a bit because of the two extra mags and the night sights.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Also...to reinforce what some have said, if you purchased this new, the type or variant should be on the box.
It is also listed on the bag of the spent shell casing, under Model. Looking at your picture, it reads P2000-V3 on the bag.

Again, as pointed out - if used, your not quite sure what the previous owner may have done with it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Also...to reinforce what some have said, if you purchased this new, the type or variant should be on the box.
It is also listed on the bag of the spent shell casing, under Model. Looking at your picture, it reads P2000-V3 on the bag.

Again, as pointed out - if used, your not quite sure what the previous owner may have done with it.
Ahh ok I missed that it was on the box/bag.
I purchased the gun new in box and just ran about 1 box or less through it and then stashed it in the safe so there was no previous owner per say and no worries there about someone changing it.

Just turns out I like hamerless guns better for my needs. Thats why I would never sell my P7 :)

Thanks again for the info its appreciated.

·
Registered
815 Posts
No worries...

I would like to add, that I regret selling all of my previously owned Hk's... ;)
Just sayin...if I could have kept them, I would have.

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Somehow when I skimmed the description I caught the "new" and missed the "less than 50 rounds". I was basing my estimate off of a never fired pistol that you had purchased and put in the safe. A pistol that has been fired (albeit very little) would command a bit less in this market. I would put it about $700 as a place to start and go from there. My apologies for the oversight. I guess reading is fundamental after all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Somehow when I skimmed the description I caught the "new" and missed the "less than 50 rounds". I was basing my estimate off of a never fired pistol that you had purchased and put in the safe. A pistol that has been fired (albeit very little) would command a bit less in this market. I would put it about $700 as a place to start and go from there. My apologies for the oversight. I guess reading is fundamental after all.

No worries brownie as I missed the V3 and it was right in front of me :)
$700 is good.
I do hate having to sell this one but, all its doing is collecting dust and I need another gun for IDPA.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
You ever try it in IDPA? I shoot my P30 and other than the grip it's basically the same. Might be fun. If it was V2 then you and I would be haggling about now. I haven't seen a decently priced V2 P2000 in 9mm come up since I missed Bender's. Contribute some posts to a few more threads and you have the 31 posts you need to throw it in the WTS section. Good luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You ever try it in IDPA? I shoot my P30 and other than the grip it's basically the same. Might be fun. If it was V2 then you and I would be haggling about now. I haven't seen a decently priced V2 P2000 in 9mm come up since I missed Bender's. Contribute some posts to a few more threads and you have the 31 posts you need to throw it in the WTS section. Good luck.
No never tried it there I have always used my S&W M&P and got very use to shooting it.
I keep that in mind about the 31 posts.

11 to get there to :)
Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts