HKPRO Forums banner

How to tell which version of USP9c

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  GJM 
#1 ·
Hey Guys I did a quick search on how to determine which version of V-1 to V7 when purchasing a USP9c. I found the version information available but not how to verify which version a particular USP9c is. Is The Vx stamped on the gun? Or all versions V1 when purchased from a gun dealer and all other versions are special order V2-V7
Thanks in advance

Charles

#2 ·
Not stamped on the gun. And are shipped in all configurations. Only way to know for sure is what the label on the case says or determining by handling the gun to see if it has a safety, safety/decocker, decocker only, no safety lever at all etc. which side the lever is on.

#6 ·
The only NIB USP Compacts I have ever seen, except for several I'll describe in a minute, that have come from HK/USA have all been V1 versions... DA/SA with a manual safety/decock lever on the left side of the frame. Supposedly, one can have a pistol ordered through HK/USA in any variation. I've never heard of anyone that was successful with this. Everybody I am aware of first bought a V1, then either sent it back to HK/USA for conversion, had somebody do it, or did it themselves.

Back about 15 years ago, when the government was setting up the Federal Flight Deck Officer (armed commercial airliner and transport pilots) program, the USP Compact was selected for their issue pistol... but the caliber was still open to debate. HK sent several hundred 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45ACP USPc's to the government agency doing the testing, and the .40 S&W was selected. The remaining 9mm and .45 pistols were sold to a vendor and re-sold to citizens like me; I bought a .45. All of these pistols were LEMs. Also, for some years, HK/USA would sell a factory LEM USPc .40, with night sights and three magazines, to anyone who could show a valid commercial airline or transport pilot ticket. The price was great... $500 bucks.

Here's the deal... the easiest way to tell if a USPc LEM pistol is a valid factory-built LEM, is that the safety lever marks on both sides of the frame do not have the white paint in them. Of course, you have guys like me who have removed those marks on V1s That we put LEM kits into... so that's not always a good indicator.:wink:

#8 ·
Supposedly, one can have a pistol ordered through HK/USA in any variation. I've never heard of anyone that was successful with this. Everybody I am aware of first bought a V1, then either sent it back to HK/USA for conversion, had somebody do it, or did it themselves.
In 1999, I placed an order with my local FFL for a USPc 45 V2 (leftie), and that is how it was configured when it reached him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.