HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new unfired P7 today for $799 out the door. Took it appart and the piston is completely clean no wear marks anywhere. Here's a pic

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
How do you know this is new and unfired? It certainly has wear on the slide.

I can't read any of the markings on the slide due to the glare. If on the side of the slide there's a little "NDS" mark, it's most certainly fired.

Also, if you could see wear on the piston to begin with, that's probably a bad thing. So it's not abnormal to find a P7 with an excellent condition piston that doesn't really show any wear.

Overall, $799 would be a nice price for a new, unfired commercial P7. For a NDS police trade, it's a little on the higher-side, but not really an ass-raping either.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Umm, did that come with two mags? If not, I'll change my assessment to ass-raping with lube.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pic is washed out I can assure you there is absolutely no wear on this gun. Looks to never been holstered. Don't see (NDS) anywhere. Barrel slide piston looks cleaner than most guns I've bought new.. This was bought from an estate that had many new looking if not new guns. Matter of fact it was the cheapest of the lot. Lots of perazzi shotguns to drool over. Anyway it's cleaner than all I've seen locally for about the same price

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Can you post a pic of the right side?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Reason I ask is that it looks like the import mark is HKI Trussville. IIRC, Trussville was only in business from 04-08, so it would've been a police trade to go through at that time. Most police trades are NDS guns, but some may be another marking.....I think BWB? It would be on the right side of the slide inside a circle, next to the proof mark.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats on the newly acquired P7. Not a bad price. Enjoy and get plenty of range time budd ;)

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
A new P7 would have come with the original manual.
This reprinted manaul is included with the HK refurbed P7s.
A decent price if it came with two mags and the proper serial number on plastic box.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A new P7 would have come with the original manual.
This reprinted manaul is included with the HK refurbed P7s.
A decent price if it came with two mags and the proper serial number on plastic box.
You may be right im not that knolegable on the whats what of the P7. The box and gun SN do match. As far as i can tell it looks brand new if that means factory refinished...i cant tell the diff. it is pristine as any other new gun ive bought. I did get two new looking mags and 1 well used mag. I took it out after hunting and this thing is so accurate it amazed me! Im happy with what i paid even if i was told its new and it wasnt cuz i dont see how you could tell. maybe some stamp or something either way i have no regrets here i love it!.

Thanks,
KZ

·
Registered
759 Posts
You may be right im not that knolegable on the whats what of the P7. The box and gun SN do match. As far as i can tell it looks brand new if that means factory refinished...i cant tell the diff. it is pristine as any other new gun ive bought. I did get two new looking mags and 1 well used mag. I took it out after hunting and this thing is so accurate it amazed me! Im happy with what i paid even if i was told its new and it wasnt cuz i dont see how you could tell. maybe some stamp or something either way i have no regrets here i love it!.

Thanks,
KZ
Welcome to the wonderful world of P7's. I'm sure you will find that it was worth every penny you paid...and then some! Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts

Thanks,
KZ
Glad you enjoy it. My nds P7 was awesome to shoot. Hopefully I get another some day. I had gotten an awesome deal on it from an HKPRO member....$630 for the grade A gun with 3 mags and Nill grips. That was when they were more plentiful and could be bought for $500, though.

Just so you know, I wasn't trying to rain on your parade or anything. It's just that claiming a police trade-in P7 is brand new/unfired is completely not true, and you should know simply because you own it and in addition, telling a potential buyer in the future that you bought it brand new/unfired is an outright lie.

The stamp refers to it being issued to one of several different German police agencies that used them for many years. It's not "just a stamp." It means something, and a P7 without one will command higher prices. So, it's QUITE an important factor when going online to ask, on your own will, how you did on price.

Overall, consider the mags are $69 or so a pop, that's an okay price. You can buy them online for $700, but only with 2 mags, plus considering all the shipping/transfer fees it'd come out about the same.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice piece! Love my 97M8, didn't realize how accurate these weapon were until I put a few downrange. Now go get some decent leather.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad you enjoy it. My nds P7 was awesome to shoot. Hopefully I get another some day. I had gotten an awesome deal on it from an HKPRO member....$630 for the grade A gun with 3 mags and Nill grips. That was when they were more plentiful and could be bought for $500, though.

Just so you know, I wasn't trying to rain on your parade or anything. It's just that claiming a police trade-in P7 is brand new/unfired is completely not true, and you should know simply because you own it and in addition, telling a potential buyer in the future that you bought it brand new/unfired is an outright lie.

The stamp refers to it being issued to one of several different German police agencies that used them for many years. It's not "just a stamp." It means something, and a P7 without one will command higher prices. So, it's QUITE an important factor when going online to ask, on your own will, how you did on price.

Overall, consider the mags are $69 or so a pop, that's an okay price. You can buy them online for $700, but only with 2 mags, plus considering all the shipping/transfer fees it'd come out about the same.
Thanks for the info!
I was only relaying the info that was told to me, so i was only claiming it was unfired/new cause thats what i was told when i bought it and not knowing about the stamp you are talking about, I still need to take another look for that cause i didnt notice it but i wasnt really looking for it at the time. Im not a big HK buyer i have a few but most of my collection is pretty diverse and i've been burned and ive made deals on guns for pennies on the dollar so if i paid too much i dont lose much sleep. As for in the future if and when i sell...I shot it already sooo its no longer unfired no matter what. haha. How do they redo these to make them so nice? i have some arsenal refinished guns that never look this good. I mean it is pristine not a mark on it. until i shot it i didnt even see a mark under the slide and the barrel was as shiny as a mirror.
Thanks Again,
KZ

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Just because the gun is a police trade-in, doesn't mean it was fired. I do agree with TGS that the gun can't be sold as unfired, and the value is slightly hindered by the marking. With that said, there are guns that sat in an armory, brand new, never used that came over as used trade-ins. It is possible that yours is unfired. I have seen grade A trade-ins sell for over $900, so I think you did fine. The gun is worth every penny IMHO.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
You're going to love that P7! I bought mine a couple years ago when the Grade A's were floating around and it looked unfired, mint! Not so much now...:wink: But, it's possible you picked up one of the Grade A's that have run completely scarce these days and do command a premium. With the three mags and box, etc. I think it's a fair price. Point is, you love it and it's worth whatever you paid for it. Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
865 Posts
As long as you're happy thats all that really matters.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts