HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a V2 LEM P2000 and I got the V1 springs and I attempted to install them myself. At first I tried to replace the FPB spring, and I removed the rear roll pin on the slide. I was unable to remove the more forward roll pin, so before attempting to hammer away at it I decided to replace the TRS and come back to the FPB spring. I replaced the TRS and thought it would be a good idea to test out the trigger pull before continuing, and attempted to reassemble the gun. I forgot to replace the one roll pin in the slide before attempting to put it back together. Now the gun is completely locked up with the slide halfway racked. The slide can move back about a third of an inch before stopping. The slide is about a third of an inch too far back for me to try and remove the slide stop and disassemble it. From the rear I can see the firing pin is sticking out and it can move back and forth a little bit. Also on second inspection from the bottom, I don't even think the TRS has been correctly installed because one of the legs of the spring is sticking through the opening above the trigger.

Any ideas on how I can get this apart? Or am I basically screwed? I'm going to take it to the local gunshop tomorrow, but if there is an easy solution, which doesn't seem likely, I'd like to know.

Pictures:

imgur: the simple image sharer
imgur: the simple image sharer

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
The rear roll pin is the FPBS roll pin. The forward roll pin is the extractor roll pin. You don't need to remove the extractor roll pin to replace the FPBS.
From the pics, the TRS was not installed correctly.

How about pushing in on the firing pin, while pulling the slide back a little bit further? See if you can push the firing back in. My theory is that without the FPBS roll pin to hold the firing pin block in place, the FPB is loosened and caught on the trigger bar, thus not allowing you to cycle the slide completely.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No success yet. I tried pushing in on the Firing Pin but it seems like it's stuck protruding out and won't go back in. Slide will still only move very slightly before it stops, and I still cannot budge it forward any more. I have a feeling this is going to end up being a very expensive mistake...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Will the trigger move forward? Does that make any difference? IDK if maybe removing the hammer spring and releasing the tension it puts on the internals would help. I'd wait until someone else chimes in.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
You may be able to push the firing pin block back up by inserting something up the mag well. If you can get the block up enough to remove the slide, then you should be ok.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
This is exactly the reason why I will never attempt to modify any gun I ever own myself (except for my shotguns stock). I can put up 90' tall steel silos, I can move stuff that weighs hundreds of tons, but ask me to remove a teeny weeny pin and an even smaller spring and I'm a mutterin' stutterin' fumble fingered ****. Never gonna happen! I know when I'm beat!

Good luck with your P2000, I hope you can get it working again.............SAFELY!

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
I would try from the magazine end of the gun and see if the FPB can be manipulated from there. Good luck!

-Sean

Typoed on my iPhone.

·
Banned
353 Posts
I sent my compact frame to the factory for my LEM conversion. $35.00 labor, $35.00 fed ex overnight return plus the cost of the conversion kit. I had it back 4 days after I shipped it out.

I never have to worry about messing up my pistol.
You'll never save enough money to make up the time and effort that "you" will put into the modification and your pistol might not function properly after your done.

Stop what your doing and send the frame to HK!

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
While I do agree that you are in a world of hurt and should send your gun to Hk i still agree with others on here that preach about learning something that can be priceless. Gunsmiths and factory workers are only human as well and I doubt their work is always perfect. The Internet is the greatest tool to someine that wants to learn. Feels nice to work through things and pat yourself on the back after finishing a job. These guns are built like tanks and the feedback they provide will confirm perfection or flaws. Good luck poster and I hope that things work out! If there is anything I learned from working on my gun it would have to be attention to detail... Valuable in all aspects of life.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it apart, thanks for all the advice! Like you guys suggested the FPB was stuck on something in the frame. I managed to get the whole thing apart and the FPB spring has been correctly replaced. I'm still working on getting the TRS in the correct position and while it is frustrating it is a relief knowing that I won't have to send the gun in. This is definitely a mistake I won't be making again. Thanks again, couldn't have done it without you guys!

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Congrats, most of us have been there before. There are probably worse things you could be losing sleep over, but at least you can cross this off your list.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm interested in how you did or plan to re-install the trigger rebound spring. I have a set of specially modified pliers specifically for that purpose and it is still not an easy task.

You might take a look at the "Sear actuator"' (looks like a 't' on the right side of the fire control parts). The forward end of this part pushes up on the firing pin block and was probably locked into its little channel. You don't want this piece bent or chipped.

If you're anywhere near Tucson, AZ, I could take a look at it for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bladerunner, to get it to release I had to push in the FPB so it wouldn't snag on whatever it was snagging on. I couldn't reach it from the magwell so I had to try and get it from the ejection port. I stuck my finger through the slight opening and I could feel/push up on the FPB, however the slide had to come forward a little more before it wouldn't snag so I had to squish my finger a little bit. I got it after a couple tries.

And Destructo6, despite my hours of fiddling with it I still have not been able to get the TRS installed correctly. However I decided I'm going to get night sights and since I don't have a sight pusher I have to take it to the gunsmith anyways, and he said he'd do it for no charge so I'm going to go that route. The sear actuator looks fine but what do I know, I'll have the smith look at that as well. I don't happen to live anywhere near AZ, but thanks a lot for the offer!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts