HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HK SLR8 is $2800 at my Gander. It looks new, but not 100% sure if it is. As they are about $500 overpriced on a Five Seven, how much over are they on this?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow....and I thought the $1500 I had seen and mentioned in my post concerning the eventual civilian sales of 416/7's was over priced! At that kind of pricing the 417 can't come in under 5k! Please o please HK god's don't let it be so! :mad:

And I sorta' like Gander Mtn! Though when I was looking at purchasing my SOCOM-II the one they had on display was $2400. That was around $300 over msrp. Got mine for $1534. They weren't alone in that price range either...good thing we have the 'internets' and 'the google' to allow us consumers to be better informed!

Byte

·
Registered
484 Posts
Gander mountain tends to always be really high on prices especially for guns

·
Registered
269 Posts
Both my Ganders are the same way, they also raised the price on all their HK pistols, they want over $900 for new USP......I would assume they will be sitting on inventory for a very long time.

·
Registered
135 Posts
They offer 50% of the value of any firearm that someone is trying to sell them. I took a pre 64 model 70 bull barrel in 220 Swift (900 made) to them for an offer. They used a year old Blue book to look up the price. Then the yahoo behind the counter tried to tell me that the buttplate was not original, which was pure BS. Total waste of time and insulting with their offer. Good place to buy fishing or hunting equipment, terrible place to buy or sell firearms.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They offer 50% of the value of any firearm that someone is trying to sell them. I took a pre 64 model 70 bull barrel in 220 Swift (900 made) to them for an offer. They used a year old Blue book to look up the price. Then the yahoo behind the counter tried to tell me that the buttplate was not original, which was pure BS. Total waste of time and insulting with their offer. Good place to buy fishing or hunting equipment, terrible place to buy or sell firearms.
Hell - getting 50% of the value on a trade in is a GOOD deal most of the time - U don't get crap on a trade in to a gun shop. Ya just gotta sell it yourself. So, as much as I hate Gander, I can't say that they stick out any different than any other gun store when it comes to that..

·
Registered
866 Posts
I learned long ago to NEVER, NEVER sell guns to a gun shop. When I first got into firearms I bought my very first gun, a Ruger P94 9mm. I then bought a model that Ruger had for a short time, P94L 9mm (L-laser in frame). I bought (2) P94L pistols at a price of $650.00 each on seperate dates. Well being a newlywed, a new father and a new policeman I had to make sacrifices, so I sold my son....HAHAHA. I sold both of the P94L pistols. I sold one to a gun collecting lawyer. He gave me $650.00. Now this is where the bs started. I tried to find a buyer for the second, no takers. So I went to a gun shop. Please remember that this pistol was never fired with original case,etc...... They offered me.........$300.00. I was desperate so I took it. If I knew what I know now I would have waited it out somehow for a private buyer.

I can not believe the ridiculous prices that Gander MT are offering their products. However the Gander MT near me may end up going out of business with a new Bass Pro Shop and now a new Cabelas in the area. Gander MT may not be able to beat. Bass Pro has a nib USP45C for $799.00.

Just my thoughts.

GPD45

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I got my Expert 45 at Gander for a decent price and that was that time last year when they were not around. I even signed up for their credit card and got another 5% off. I haven't seen any good deals for a while though.

·
2,832 Posts
Well certain Ganders have some good deal, Yooper found me my P9s 45 target at Gander for $800, he also found a P7M8 maybe unfired, not a refurb for $700.

So at least they do have some deals sometimes

·
Registered
135 Posts
I did sell the rifle privately and got the full Blue book price for a 98% rifle. This was not some cheap 10/22. It was a pre 64 Winchester Model 70 that was made in very limited numbers. I was only looking to get out of it what I had paid for it years ago. Their offer did not even come near that number. So I learned a valuable lesson; it is a waste of time to deal with them. My local gunsmith accepts consignments for a $25 flat fee or 10% of the sale price, which ever is more. I consider that a very fair way to do business.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Like many gun shops ( I ran a big one for 5 years) You won't get a good deal cause you want its blue book ( consumer) value and thats what they want to sell it for. Car dealers don't BUY blue book, they SELL blue book, there's a red book ( I think ) for what they pay, and it's only a guide line. Gander is out of line though, as I have seen guns in there at blue book 99% pricing when they went NRA 75% at best. Nicks, scratches, and rust on one Rem 700 and they had it at $500! I agree with others that Gander is NOT a place to sell your gun, or buy new for that matter. Private sales are still the best bet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Update: Just saw a new SL8 for $1149. Sure beats $2800! If you absolutely must have one give 'em a call and see if they still have it. Contact info is up at www.stormcrestent.com.

Byte

1 - 18 of 18 Posts