HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as the barrel length is it the same as the SAR 3 or shorter?

Also mine is the version with the thumbhole stock and the spot welded faux flash hider. How hard is it to take off and rethread for the standard flash hider?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
1) Depends on the vintage.
2) The hider faux FH is blind pinned. Some have been able to shear the pin by using a tool to hold the FH and applying brute force by twisting it off. Others grind off the weld and pull the pin. Some are threaded underneath. If the barrel is shorter than an standard length barrel there are no threads, the barrel has been cut on the fake POS pinned in place. If the barrel is cut adding threads is hard because there isn't enough OD left on the tapered portion of the barrel. The answer is usually cutting the barrel back just in front of the triple tree, threading it there, and permanently attaching a new FH.

Didn't you just have some sort of dental issues? Selling a very nice rifle?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1) Depends on the vintage.
2) The hider faux FH is blind pinned. Some have been able to shear the pin by using a tool to hold the FH and applying brute force by twisting it off. Others grind off the weld and pull the pin. Some are threaded underneath. If the barrel is shorter than an standard length barrel there are no threads, the barrel has been cut on the fake POS pinned in place. If the barrel is cut adding threads is hard because there isn't enough OD left on the tapered portion of the barrel. The answer is usually cutting the barrel back just in front of the triple tree, threading it there, and permanently attaching a new FH.

Didn't you just have some sort of dental issues? Selling a very nice rifle?
Sold a rifle and a kit. One paid for the SAR the other paid for the dental work....Wins on both sides :)

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
Win, win.
Enjoy your SAR8, I've had a couple and they are as nice as HK as long as one can look past the neutering the gov gave them. My last one was shortened much as I indicated above and looked like a pseudo G3K. Very neat gun and accurate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts