HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the new Trijicon Red dot (8 MOA) and got it today. Mounted it and shot it. Works great I am thinking about removing the metal sights and having the forearm milled.

Josh

·
Registered
195 Posts
I want one for my HK94!

I bought a cheapo off ebay, it self-destructed on the 2nd trip to the range. I dont want to shell out the fbig bucks for a EOtech.

Last time I saw those, it didnt have Trijicon's name on them. It was bushnell or of Hong Kong brand. Tasco or something. I wonder if the Trij is stronger if it has its name on it?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Last time I saw those, it didnt have Trijicon's name on them. It was bushnell or of Hong Kong brand. Tasco or something. I wonder if the Trij is stronger if it has its name on it?

My guess is it is a Doctor Optic scope with the Trijicon name on it. They have an ACOG model that has this scope mounted to the top.

8MOA! That is a pretty big dot, how do you like it?

·
Registered
106 Posts
does the trijicon version of that sight use a glass lens or plastic?

I've got the old tasco version... and while it's held up great, I really wish it had a glass lens to avoid scratches.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I added the different trigger group but the US made sear and trigger. It is semi auto but the reactions at the sight of the rock and roll switch are totally worth it. I bought the Trijicon scope because according the lady at Trijicon its optics are better than the Doc and stronger because I think she said they are glass with a special coating but I may have heard her wrong. Anyway it was cheaper by $100.00 than the Doc.

Josh

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is this a NFA legal conversion? I didn't think UMP's could be owned by us regular people.
As the owner stated, it is completely legal and no different than an HK94/93/91 with a lower group that has full-auto markings. If you're interested in the process there are tons of threads here describing the process. There are some modifications that need to be done for the lower to fit on the upper, for the UMP mags to fit in the upper, and a stock block to hold the upper, lower, and stock together. There are even modifications that can be done to UMP 40 and 9 bolts to make them fit in the USC upper.

BF

1 - 13 of 13 Posts