HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know. I know. Not another one of these LEM versus DA/SA posts. This one’s different though. It’s about me! LOL

I have the option of purchasing a brand new V1 LEM or V3 P30L and I can’t decide what one to get. When I got my V3 P30SK everyone told me to get the LEM and I didn’t listen. And I hate the trigger on it compared to my USP’s. Well maybe I just answered my own question. LOL.

However, after that I purchased my very first VP9 and I fell in love with the easy trigger on that striker fire. So I came full circle back to whether or not the LEM trigger is for me. I read and watched so many reviews tonight and they go back and forth. The major complaint is the reset is so long on it.

Honestly, fell forum members...if I have only been shooting DA/SA HK pistols (minus the VP9) the last 10 years how difficult will I find the LEM?

John Wick seemed to use the V3 version. Maybe he’s on to something. Joking!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY FEEDBACK HERE. Look to make the purchase in the AM. As always I appreciate any guidance. Thank you again!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Or maybe you get the P30L in DA/SA, and should’ve the P30SK in LEM.
Not that I can shoot rat holes all day long, but all my HK’s are DA/SA and there’s a reason I shoot my P30SK the worst = short slide/sights + 10rd flat mag (yes, I have the 13/15 but that’s not the essence of the SK).
The LEM isn’t automatically better. Have you handled/fired it?

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I can’t see you going wrong no mater which variant you decide on. I will say however, shoot what you’re comfortable with and what you trained with.
The LEM doesn’t take that long to get the feel of. By the time you get thru your first or second mag, you will figure it out. It’s nice and has a nice feel to it, but so does the other formats. It’s whatever you are most comfortable with.
Personally, I like the DA/SA with a de-cocker, but then again I like 1911’s... it’s what I’m most competent in.
Just my .02
Thanks and enjoy your new toy when you get it.
M.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or maybe you get the P30L in DA/SA, and should’ve the P30SK in LEM.
Not that I can shoot rat holes all day long, but all my HK’s are DA/SA and there’s a reason I shoot my P30SK the worst = short slide/sights + 10rd flat mag (yes, I have the 13/15 but that’s not the essence of the SK).
The LEM isn’t automatically better. Have you handled/fired it?
No I have no experience with LEM trigger, but it seems to be in mad demand, heard nothing but raves about it (for most part) and really fell in love with the VP9 trigger over the DA/SA’s of my USP’s and of course that P30SK, which I too short horribly with.

I guess as an HK enthusiast I feel like I should kind of own at least LEM to play around with and not knowing how accessible these will be beyond November it has me thinking. Plus I hear that no one can ever find the V1 LEM version of the P30L, but I don’t have that problem.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I can’t see you going wrong no mater which variant you decide on. I will say however, shoot what you’re comfortable with and what you trained with.
The LEM doesn’t take that long to get the feel of. By the time you get thru your first or second mag, you will figure it out. It’s nice and has a nice feel to it, but so does the other formats. It’s whatever you are most comfortable with.
What he said ^

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have/had P30’s in both V1 and V3. In the P30 series I prefer the lem. I hated the da/sa. Me and that trigger did not get along as a matter of fact it is the only HK I had gotten rid of ( I know I have sinned but there is a happy ending) and traded for a lem USPc 9mm. If you want to try the lem go ahead on the V1. If you don’t like the lem you will probably be able to trade it for a da/sa.

As for the USP line I like both triggers, I just prefer lem for two reasons. First , to keep up consistency in training. And second I have short fingers and have a hard time a full double action trigger pull weight. I can do it on the HK’s, but for the life of me can’t reach and pull the da on my brother’s CZ da/sa pistols. Remember the USP line can be switched bock and forth between variants while the P30 cannot.

Go ahead and get the P30L V1, if you liked the VP9 you will probably like it. Besides. if you don’t like it you should be able to recoup it later.

Also remember that under normal circumstances finding a V1 on the shelf new in any P30 configuration is a rarity, mostly you see the V1’s used, and that is rare too. The V3’s are normally what you see in stock when the shop stocks HK.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
LEM seems to be a Love/Hate thingy with people.
You really need to rent/borrow one and decide for yourself.
As others have said the V1 is popular.
So you should be able to easily flip it if you don't like it.

Personally I love Light LEM.
I'd recommend taking a leap of faith and try something new.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Both are great! I think you should go to the range to decide which you are comfortable with though.

Hope you enjoy your gun when you get it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am not a fan of the LEM at all. The trigger pull is wayyyyy too long for me and the lock-time seems slow too. It feels like I start pulling the trigger on Monday and the the gun fires on Friday.

When using my shot-timer, my first shot from holster presentation was the same as any other pistol with a DA pull for the first shot. My splits though were much longer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
As stated above, it's what you're comfortable with and what you've trained with. I grew up shooting DA/SA and as such I love my P30LS V3. I have not had the opportunity to shoot a LEM but would really like to try one. I also have a VP9, and as much as I enjoy shooting that, the P30LS V3 is by far my favorite. The V3 skill set takes some work to master and some time to maintain but I find that it's well worth the effort. Good luck in your decision.

·
HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
1,184 Posts
I have a 30SK V1, it's my first hammer HK (I have a VP9). I was torn between V1 and V3. I shot it for the first time this past weekend. I'm glad I didn't get the V3. Other than the mile long take up, once at the wall, reminds me a lot of my VP9

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have/had P30’s in both V1 and V3. In the P30 series I prefer the lem. I hated the da/sa. Me and that trigger did not get along as a matter of fact it is the only HK I had gotten rid of ( I know I have sinned but there is a happy ending) and traded for a lem USPc 9mm. If you want to try the lem go ahead on the V1. If you don’t like the lem you will probably be able to trade it for a da/sa.

Go ahead and get the P30L V1, if you liked the VP9 you will probably like it. Besides. if you don’t like it you should be able to recoup it later.

Also remember that under normal circumstances finding a V1 on the shelf new in any P30 configuration is a rarity, mostly you see the V1’s used, and that is rare too. The V3’s are normally what you see in stock when the shop stocks HK.
I agree with you here and that's why I was shocked because I do have access to brand new V1 P30L's and I read horror stories where people search for years for them with no luck so I assume if for some reason I hate it, I know where to offload it easily at :) All my USPs are DA/SA and if it feels like the VP9 a bit, I'm down for trying. I mean what's $700? :)

LEM seems to be a Love/Hate thingy with people.
You really need to rent/borrow one and decide for yourself.
As others have said the V1 is popular.
So you should be able to easily flip it if you don't like it.

Personally I love Light LEM.
I'd recommend taking a leap of faith and try something new.
I have taken the leap! Ordered this morning! Thank you!!!

I am not a fan of the LEM at all. The trigger pull is wayyyyy too long for me and the lock-time seems slow too. It feels like I start pulling the trigger on Monday and the the gun fires on Friday.

When using my shot-timer, my first shot from holster presentation was the same as any other pistol with a DA pull for the first shot. My splits though were much longer.
See this is what I read as the cons last night. I don't have any place renting these so I guess I will see first hand how it is. Spice my HK collection up I guess.

As stated above, it's what you're comfortable with and what you've trained with. I grew up shooting DA/SA and as such I love my P30LS V3. I have not had the opportunity to shoot a LEM but would really like to try one. I also have a VP9, and as much as I enjoy shooting that, the P30LS V3 is by far my favorite. The V3 skill set takes some work to master and some time to maintain but I find that it's well worth the effort. Good luck in your decision.
Thanks I am going to give the LEM a try. I have no issues with DA/SA, but like I stated I have a V3 P30SK and I shoot horrible with it. The trigger travel feels like forever with that pistol. Never shot a P30L in V3 though to see if any difference in trigger.

I have a 30SK V1, it's my first hammer HK (I have a VP9). I was torn between V1 and V3. I shot it for the first time this past weekend. I'm glad I didn't get the V3. Other than the mile long take up, once at the wall, reminds me a lot of my VP9
Awesome! I hope I have that same feeling too!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know this sounds strange, I love my USP .40 in DA/SA, and my P30L in V1 light LEM. Congratulations on your new purchase!
Thank you! I hope that is my experience too as unless I am completely blown away by the LEM I can't imagine my USP's any other way than they are right now with DA/SA!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have both P30L and P30 both versions v3,changed the springs out on the p30 greatly improved double action, LEM is not for me!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I have the option of purchasing a brand new V1 LEM or V3 P30L and I can’t decide what one to get. When I got my V3 P30SK everyone told me to get the LEM and I didn’t listen. And I hate the trigger on it compared to my USP’s. Well maybe I just answered my own question...

...The major complaint is the reset is so long on it.

Honestly, fell forum members...if I have only been shooting DA/SA HK pistols (minus the VP9) the last 10 years how difficult will I find the LEM?
Get both. Every HK addict should have a LEM or at least experience it.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I own a P30SK LEM and I like it for CCW but I prefer DA/SA for everything else and that is what I have on my P30L and HK45.

It is easy to make the P30L DA/SA trigger, especially DA, substantially better with a couple of easy spring changes - hammer spring and firing pin block spring. I did that with my P30L and the DA trigger is now sweet all the way through and I can punch out center of target at 25 feet with all DA shots. However no hammer spring options exist for the P30SK that I am aware of though some clip the existing spring to make DA pull lighter.

My LGS is huge and they rarely have an LEM HK because of low demand.

Reactions: anavrin0901

·
Registered
223 Posts
The short reset is easy to have done. Bill Springfield did my short reset on my P30 and Grays guns got a kit plus I know I have seen another one on you tube, Now it is my fav.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts