HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today at one of the area's biggest yearly gun shows I finally broke down and purchased a USP 45. I've been looking at them for years but always felt they where a little overpriced for what they offered.

Well today that all changed. I found a new in box Stainless USP .45 and threw an offer at the dealer and he took it. It's apparently a "ban model" and is date coded KK for 1999. It has the grey USP marked hard case, two 10 round ban magazines, the owner's manual and the warranty card. The pistol itself appears to have been in cold storage for the last 8 years and by all I can tell is minty fresh.

$525 out the door.

I saw one other USP 45 at the show, it was a blued model and possibly had high cap mags with it as it had a marked price of $700.

All in all I'm quite pleased with this pistol. I plan to hit the range tomorrow with some ammo to give it a workout. Just working the slide and testing the functions it seems to be a very smooth pistol and I hope it shoots as smooth as it feels.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Congrats on the great find! $525 for a NIB stainless .45 USP is a deal deal deal!! :)

Enjoy your new USP!

·
Registered
137 Posts
That's a great find at a great price! You know that soon your new addition is going to want a mate. Don't fight it...you can't win.
Congrats.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have four USP 45 full size pistols. I NEED the stainless one!!!

Congrats! Great buy!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I hate you. :p

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was getting ready to hit the range this morning only to remember/discover that I have no ammo for this guy... this is my first .45ACP in a few years, my previous 1911 having been sold off to fund other purchases, and I don't have any .45 ammo left in my stash. Time to go shopping.

What are some recommendations for good shooting ammo in the USP?

Also does anyone have any sources for magazines? I'm not a stickler for "must be HK made" or "must be high cap", I just want nice functioning mags for decent prices.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Congrats on getting a great deal on a great gun! CDNN is the best place IMO for HK magazines. For every hi-cap mag that you buy they send you a 10 rounder free (unless noted).
http://cdnninvestments.com/index.html

As far as ammo is concerned your USP will eat anything you feed it. Good/cheap range ammo is Remington UMC from ****s Sporting Goods which is $11.98 a box per case. Winchester White Box, Blazer, and American Eagle is all good stuff.

·
Registered
381 Posts
That sounds like a hell of a deal. Did they have any more?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was not looking super closely but I really only saw about four full size USP's for sale at the show. This one that I bought, which was sold by a very nice older couple, a blued USP45 that was marked $799, another blued USP in 40 that had the LEM conversion marked for $510 and if I remember right a 9mm USP blued for something in the ballpark of the $600's.

This was the only stainless USP at the show if I remember right. Sadly this show was kind of weak on the handgun side... I think it might have been due to the repeal of the Missouri permit and so many people buying handguns. A friend of mine had a table there and his handgun cases where half empty by the time I left yesterday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts