HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! Long time HK owner, first time poster in the HKpro forums. I've been through my fair share of HK firearms but the one that has always alluded me was the Mark 23. Not sure why, you'd think in Texas they wouldn't be near impossible to find however I'd venture to say it's probably because most people who own one hold on to it. Well, yesterday was my day, and I was FINALLY able to find one up for grabs. I was expecting it to be a newer model, maybe shot to hell, but I was in for a surprise. The owner and I met up and when he whipped out the Eagle Camo case I almost lost my damn mind. He had a KG date code late 1996 production model with all the original paperwork and the 10rd patent pending magazines that shipped with the pistol in '96. I wasn't there to buy the pistol outright, I'd found this gentleman on a local swap sight and I was trading him for my Faxon FX-19 *a damn good pistol*, so when I realized what he had I felt like I was stealing the deal. I explained to him that the Mk23 was far more valuable than what I was offering, but apparently he had just traded the original owner a Mk21 EBR for the pistol and was deadset on getting a gucci'd out glock. I guess you could say it was my lucky day, so we made the trade and I drove away feeling like I was a fat kid in a cupcake shop, just heavy breathing the whole way home. When I got home, I immediately did a deep dive in to the condition of the pistol and I doubt even 500 rounds have been sent through the pipe. The barrel finish is still in great shape, and the slide has ZERO scuffs or imperfections. I'm having a hard time coming up with an estimated price as to what a KG date code Mk23 is worth, but it doesn't matter: this thing is everything I had hoped and dreamed it would ever be. Generally overhyping a firearm leads to severe disappointment *enter the Scar 17* but I can honestly say this is hands down the best pistol I've ever laid my hands on. Pardon the rant, but I'm over the moon with the purchase and wanted to share some photo's with others who would appreciate such a fine work of art. Glad I found this group!
[/SIZE] Mk3.JPG Mk2.jpg View attachment 250640

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats. That's a ****ing steal. I love my 23, best shooting 45 ever.

Really jealous of that Eagle Camo case.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Great deal! Great day! Congratulations and welcome to the MARK 23 club. Thanks for sharing the story and the photos.

Reactions: CharlieOne72

·
HKPRO Professional
267 Posts
Outstanding. Well done. That's a beautiful pistol.

·
Sheepdog in West Texas
1,797 Posts
CharlieOne72,

Welcome to the forum. You have been on the Red & Black road for a while now. As you know, this brand of firearm WILL empty your wallet occasionally, as I'm sure you know.

Welcome again to the HK Emablers Forum. And congrats on the MK23... I LOVE early HK's. KG, KH, KI USP's are a favorite of mine.

OH THRLSEKR!!!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Mine's a lowly AB. But she's a sadist in homicidal black. You'll love it but will want to shoot it so hope it's not a collector piece. Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wow, what a great story. Congrats on the acquisition. You will love it!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Welcome and nice catch! But hate to say this. If your Mk23 is your first HK handgun, unless you get a Match, Tactical, Elite or Expert, any other HK you buy might disappointment. You are definitely swimming in the deep end of the HK R&B pool for sure. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
The plot thickens... but to what end?

I love how awesome the regulars are on HKPro. We are sleuths.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts