HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a fantastic MK23 a while back, but A local guy really wanted one desperately and offered me a couple hundred more than I paid for it. I took him up on it, needing some cash, but have always wanted another. I was perusing GunsAmerica and searched for a few typical key words of various guns I was interested in acquiring (again) someday, and typed in "mark23" and "mark 23," but as usual got a lot of mags and a few NIB for too much money. I then typed in "MK23" for some reason, and one result - one gun popped up. a used one out of TX, I believe, for $1425 shipped. I hit the buy-it-now, and the rest is history.

She's AB date coded, has some good character wear on the slide (which I like, since I'm always afraid to muck up a brand-new gun, but don't feel bad about actually using and enjoying one with some character already), the frame looks practically new, and she came with two mags!! It arrived in a generic but well-padded zipper-pouch, so no HK box or anything.

Crappy cell phone shot, since I keep forgetting to take pictures during daylight hours outside. I'll hopefully take more and add some to the thread tomorrow:

I do have a couple questions on it though. Obviously it's been shot some by the barrel wear - but I know it's no where near the end of its lifespan:

One question, is the wear inside the barrel. Taking a picture of barrel rifling, especially as shiny of a barrel as this, is very difficult. But here's some attempts and sharing what I see as rough spots in the rifling:

I also have a question about the recoil spring assembly. Upon reassembly after cleaning, I tried locking the slide back and it wouldn't go all the way back - only about half way. It felt like the spring was bunching up too early or catching on something. This little pin in the RSA seems to be catching on the springs. After disassembly for this picture and reassembly, I can rack the slide, but at the same time - it still feels weird. I don't remember what the RSA looked like from my other MK23, so it may be nothing.

Thanks for the help! Also - I apologize if my pictures are too large. I left Photobucket for Google Photos, and there doesn't seem to be a way to downsize the photos in the Google Photo app.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
My recoil spring assembly looks like yours and when I operate it manually out of the slide the roll pin does hang up on the spring. There is room for the pin to be tapped flush I just don't know if it designed to protrude. Roll pins don't usually back out like that. So I'm wondering if it is supposed to be like that... Anyone else care to check their Mark 23 RSA to see if the roll pin protrudes?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Mine does not protrude. BG date code, only 233 rounds shot so far.

Also, did you stick that thing up your nose while suffering from the flu? It looks like it's covered in snot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts