HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I own a USP C .45 and love it. I am getting ready to ship my USP to Hk to get the ambi. lever installed and then turn around and ship it to mmc to get sights installed. I needed another handgun for carry and home while my USP was gone. I needed something cheap and reliable. My friend Finally talked me into buying a glock. He swore i would love it. Well i got a 22c today at the gun show and tried it out at the range. Needless to say not too happy. That angle is crazy. The gun is good for the price and is going to get the job done but I really need to practice with this angle it feels rather funky. But for the price i guess i cant complain too much (450) Just thought i would give my review on my new purchase.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Sorry to hear about your luck. You could have gotten another HK P2K type for around $600 though. Some say $150 is $150 but anymore that really isn't that much. Especially if you don't like what you spent $450 on. Plus I have found USPs for around $500. Oh well, enough of making you feel better I hope it grows on you and you get to like it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yeah, the extra $100 bucks would have made for a better purchase with a P2KSK. Glocks are okay (in my book), but the Hk is just better. Oh well, when you get your other Hk back, sell the Glock and go for the P2KSK.

·
Registered
173 Posts
glocks have there place i guess a lot of people sware by them. still a 22c is no hk anything imo. anyway i hope you get used to it and even better i hope you get your usp back soon

·
Registered
616 Posts
I weep for you. When you can sell the Glock and use the funds to put towards something better.

G

·
Practice a bunch with the Glock and you'll get the hang of the grip angle. I used to shoot/own a 23 and a 27 many years ago and shot them just fine.

But it's really hard to go between Glocks and anything else, I'm sure that was what Gaston intended...

When you get your HK back I'd sell the Glock if you still don't feel comfy with it. For the price you paid you won't loose too much $$ on the deal.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Once again I must state I love both Glocks and HK's. The Glock is a great pistol and I can shoot a G19 and G23 COM all day. For me, the Glock gives the HK a run for it's money. I always loved my USP since the day I first shot it and I am warming up to my Uncles P2K LEM 9mm, it is also very accurate once you get a hang of the trigger.

Why did you get a C model? I would have stuck with the regular un-ported gun simply for the sake of more consistency between the Glock and the HK. Getting used to increased muzzle flash is also probably making it harder for you to get used to.

However, my strongest observation is the grip angles on each of these pistols is very different. If you are used to shooting alot of HKs then you will naturally find the Glock has a "strange" grip angle at first. Some people simply cannot get over this and have no hope of ever liking the Glock because of this one major facet. If both handguns fit your hand like a glove, which is thankfully my case, there is no reason why you shouldn't own both Glock and HK.

Also, I find the stock sights on the Glocks are sub-par in comparison to virtually all HKs so if you are still using those junk them and go with something better, preferably a set of night sights if your going to carry it. I use Trijicons and some others like Mepros. And as always practice, practice, practice!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the sympathy guys. Im a fair guy so im going to give this glock every chance in the world to win me over. I know it will never replace my hk but I will give it a chance to be my number 2. I am giving it till the new HK 45 is available and the prices get to normal. The reason I got the c model was because I shoot .45's and heard the .40 could be a little snappy. Just trying to ease the transition a little. If nothing else i got some money in the bank with this glock for my new HK 45.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm shooting a GSSF Match near Lexington this coming weekend and I still don't like the grip, mussy trigger, and the only external safety on a trigger with a short travel to release. Yes they work, they're durable and anyone can detail strip one, but they are still nothing I would carry. I just like shooting matches and wish HK would sponcer matches. My former department is rumored to go glock. There will be alot of Ads'. Glad to be retired.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've got nothin' against Glocks, I used to love shooting a Glock 20 as a teen...ah, 10mm, yummy! Sure, they're not as aesthetically pleasing as H&K's, but they're super-tough and have a great finish!

My issue with your new gun is the fact that it's a "compensated" model...not a good choice for a defensive weapon. All that vented gas and extra muzzle flash sure can be distracting, and definitely don't try to "shoot from the hip" with that thing (you may burn yourself)! Relegate the new gun to "range toy" status once you get your USP45C back!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm shooting a GSSF Match near Lexington this coming weekend and I still don't like the grip, mussy trigger, and the only external safety on a trigger with a short travel to release. Yes they work, they're durable and anyone can detail strip one, but they are still nothing I would carry. I just like shooting matches and wish HK would sponcer matches. My former department is rumored to go glock. There will be alot of Ads'. Glad to be retired.
Must have a poor training program? How would there be more AD's with GLOCK's than with HK LEM's?

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
I think I'm going to buy a Glock 19 next month.

I hear too many good things about it to just pass it up. Why not, it's $500+/- bucks

·
Registered
423 Posts
Must have a poor training program? How would there be more AD's with GLOCK's than with HK LEM's?
Yes they have poor training and low standards for hiring like most prisons. The stories I could tell regarding ADs' with S&W 64s'. I predict even worse with the Glocks. Even with NY-2 the officers will be placing their fingers on the trigger and given the shorter pull they will be more ADs'. Training will likely say something to the effect the Glocks are just like their revolvers with no safety and all most will hear is Glocks are just like revolvers. I predict after many lawsuits Glocks will be carried in condition 3.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts

I hear too many good things about it to just pass it up. Why not, it's $500+/- bucks
Do it you won't be dissapointed. I picked up a Glock 19 recently and it is a great firearm especially for the money.

·
Registered
280 Posts
But it's really hard to go between Glocks and anything else, I'm sure that was what Gaston intended....
Really?

I have no problem whatsoever switching back & forth between Glocks, 1911s, double-action revolvers, SA revolvers, J-frame revolvers, Ruger .22s, etc. No grip angle issues, no sight difference issues, no change in accuracy issues. Each simply has a different manual-of-arms.

That's what practice does for me. ;)

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as an AD, only negligent ones. The Glocks only safety is the first rule of firearms handling, keep your finger off the trigger, and that is the only safety one should ever need. Safetys are not substitutes for proper firearms handling. Even though my USP has a safety I never use it. My brain is my safety and it never fails. In over 10 years of handling firearms I have never had one negligent discharge. Why? Finger off the trigger and always check the chamber, common sense in my world.

Some LEOs ND because they grow too complacent with handling a firearm. They carry one all day everyday so there is a tendency to throw caution to the wind. I have heard the same thing mentioned about officers shooting themselves in the leg with the HK P7. The P7 being one of the safest pistols there is, but still, on the draw some of them not only had there fingers on the trigger but were squeezing the safety grip as well. This is a perfect example that no amount of mechanical safety will prevent a discharge if the user does not handle the gun properly. If you train to index on the draw you will do so even under stress from muscle memory alone, so practice and training is everything.

voiceinhouston, I endorse your point of view of giving the Glock a fair chance. Who knows, once you shoot it a little more you may end up liking it alot and want to keep it. I am pleased that you are willing to give it a fair shake at winning you over. Yes, it is no HK and I doubt the Glock is a replacement for an HK. However it is a decent supplement to one, my philosophy is have both. If after many hundred rounds you still cannot shoot the Glock well then by all means sell it for another HK that you can shoot well.

Ahhhh the Glock 19, what an excellent firearm! I cannot say enough good things about this pistol. It is accurate, high capacity, and just right for concealed carry. I carried a Glock 26 for months and when I got the Glock 19 I switched to that. The added size is virtually null because the weapon is still so light and slim and the higher capaciy makes it that much better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I went to the range again today. I havent shipped my USP yet so This time I took my usp with me and not just the glock. I shot 16 rounds (2 mags) with my USP then a full 15 with the glock. I gotta say it helped!! For some reason I shot it alot better, I thought it would be worse after following the USP. Then I went back to the USP and shot it better then I ever have in my 6 years of shooting it. For some reason it helped me shoot it better I think because the glock made my gun feel familiar and comfortable and kinda cleared my mind or something. At the same time I was shooting the glock better? maybe feeling comfy carried over to the glock and i wasnt thinking about the angle so much. The grouping was not better then the usp but the groups with the glock were much improved. Another thing I do not notice the flash from the ports on the glock. Maybe if i were to shoot it at night I would but that is not possible in city limits. Well thats all for now if nothing else it improved my shooting with my usp.

·
Registered
823 Posts

Don't do it! You'll be sorry! :)

Really the G19 is the best Glock there is and really the only one worth having. OK, the 17 is a close second.
I've had a 30, 23, 26, 22, 17, 36 yadda yadda. There all gone, but I have 2 G19's, I shoot the 19 faster and more accurate than the 17 and every other pistol I have. Only the USP 45CT and Springfield Operator are more accurate (slow fire)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I own 19 and 34....they were my first handguns and I like them just fine. None of the firearms I have owned have jammed yet (knock on wood) and their reliability has yet to fail me in any other way (1000+ rounds on the glocks). But I have all my firearms locked in a safe, but keep USPc 45 bedside. I am sure all guns made by reliable manufacturers will function well with great care and right ammunition. I simply put my faith in the guns that I feel comfortable using and have shot well in practice.
I would keep a wheel gun on my bedside, but I don't own any.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts