HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After selling it when I got off my last HK kick (the interest comes and goes, but since everything is STILL locked down in my state, its depressing to look at an expensive collection of stuff I cant shoot), my buddy decided he wanted my Scars more than this, so its back in my hands! He added the G28 rail for me, and im still undecided if I like it or not, but for now it works. The Leupold MK5 is temporary until my Nightforce ATACR 4-20 comes in, and otherwise its equipped with a Geissele trigger, Surefire war comp and suppressor and HK417 two position adjustable gas block (lightly modified the rail so access is easy and runs great suppressed!)

·
Priest of the P7
5,037 Posts
Looks nice! I’d put that ATACR on a bolt gun of a more capable caliber and get you a lighter optic for that shooter.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks nice! I’d put that ATACR on a bolt gun of a more capable caliber and get you a lighter optic for that shooter.
I sold all my other precision rigs... this state sucks the life out of you, kills dreams, and destroys hobbies. Only reason I had my Scar and this was to at least have one medium caliber gun I can take to phoenix and hit 1000m plates with, then go back home and park it in the safe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've been looking for an ATACR 4-20 to put on my SCAR 20, you'll have to let me know how you like it. Was thinking of putting an ATACR 1-8 on my MR556 as well, seemed like a nice balance for a 556 while keeping the long-range precision to the scar.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been looking for an ATACR 4-20 to put on my SCAR 20, you'll have to let me know how you like it. Was thinking of putting an ATACR 1-8 on my MR556 as well, seemed like a nice balance for a 556 while keeping the long-range precision to the scar.
My 4-20 is still 30 weeks out :( I’ve had a few Atacr 1-8s, they are absolutely fantastic! The Nx8 1-8 is nice too for a 5.56 gun, but it does get a little dark at 6x in low light, and the eye box is tight by design since it’s such a compact scope. Atacr is preferred for glass quality, tube size, terrific eye relief and ease of use.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The MR223/556 with an ATACR 1-8 is a great combination!

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's beautiful, how much would something set up like that cost?
2018 prices:

• rifle was about €2000
  • scope plus mount was about €3500 (NF is expensive in NL)
  • longer handguard was about €350

including flashlight and sling, I guess somewhere around €6000.

I have not included mag costs, but that depends on how many you buy (if you don’t already have a big stash).

NOTE: This is NOT a WTS post. Rifle is not for sale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts