1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,924 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Full Auto (ad says "Real") MP5 for only $6500? I mean even an RR should be 3 times that.... I mean I could be crazy but someone with 10 posts selling that gun for that little....

EDIT with a Knights rail no less LOL

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Full Auto MP5 for only $6500? I mean even an RR should be 3 times that.... I mean I could be crazy but someone with 10 posts selling that gun for that little....

I questioned the price as well, but I also thought that you were commenting on the OP who had posted the WTB and not the party replying to that ad.
When I saw that price, I was guessing it was a post sample in which case, the pricing not so out of line. though it did not mention that and I now see your reasoning.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nah I should have tagged the individual post, just thought it carried more weight with the whole thread. I thought about the postie angle as well but if OP could buy them he wouldnt be posting about a clone LOL The whole thing just seems super fishy to me, again I could be over reacting just going with my gut on this one.

I did PM the guy asking if it was on a Form 4 and if I could see it with the personal info redacted, for $6500 I'll send him a check right now LOL

EDIT: Maybe what PSG1 Nut said is true its just a host which that would make more sense but still a smoking deal for all of that! LOL

·
Banned
34,595 Posts
I questioned the price as well, but I also thought that you were commenting on the OP who had posted the WTB and not the party replying to that ad.
When I saw that price, I was guessing it was a post sample in which case, the pricing not so out of line. though it did not mention that and I now see your reasoning.
Agreed--- or scam!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Nah I should have tagged the individual post, just thought it carried more weight with the whole thread. I thought about the postie angle as well but if OP could buy them he wouldnt be posting about a clone LOL The whole thing just seems super fishy to me, again I could be over reacting just going with my gut on this one.

I did PM the guy asking if it was on a Form 4 and if I could see it with the personal info redacted, for $6500 I'll send him a check right now LOL

EDIT: Maybe what PSG1 Nut said is true its just a host which that would make more sense but still a smoking deal for all of that! LOL
The rail and Aimpoint scope mount is worth $1500 alone. Depending on who did the conversion it's a steal. Especially if it is built on a 94. You're basically receiving the conversion and 3lug barrel for free.

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
4,931 Posts
Full Auto MP5 for only $6500? I mean even an RR should be 3 times that.... I mean I could be crazy but someone with 10 posts selling that gun for that little....

What in the world would make you think it was Full Auto to begin with? If I was looking at for first time I would think sear host SBR............its a decent price far from a steal

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What in the world would make you think it was Full Auto to begin with? If I was looking at for first time I would think sear host SBR............its a decent price far from a steal
Well the ad says "I have a real hk mp5" and the odd thing is he did a ninja edit because when it was posted I swear it said Auto but by the time I got this thread up it was gone.

Just seems super fishy for someone with 10 posts thats all...

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The rail and Aimpoint scope mount is worth $1500 alone. Depending on who did the conversion it's a steal. Especially if it is built on a 94. You're basically receiving the conversion and 3lug barrel for free.
Thats what I was thinking, like I said just fishy but hey I'm ok with being wrong LOL

EDIT did some more digging since I'm the one that threw up the BS flag, found posts from that user on other forums saying its an HK94A3 so its a conversion but still if its a reputable builder I agree its a steal.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Well the ad says "I have a real hk mp5" and the odd thing is he did a ninja edit because when it was posted I swear it said Auto but by the time I got this thread up it was gone.

It says MP5 class iii. which gave me the impression it was a class 3 auto when I first viewed it and that is why I had thought perhaps it was a post sample. However, not everyone posts in the most perfect manner. For anyone with interest, I would not shy away. I would just do good and proper due diligence with Caveat Emptor always, as I do with any online purchases.
I have picked up some very well priced HKs that most shy from because of the low price and found out I was buying from the original owners at the prices they paid back in the day. I love it when that happens. Not everyone watches forums and current day prices and not everyone wants the highest price. Some just want a fast and easy sale.
I am curious to see how this one plays out. If indeed its an old account that is some scam, I am certain the mods will handle it. Until then, I do not want to bash a fellow member who may be legit. We need more info on this one and fast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts