HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate H&K\'s

Ever since I got my USPC 9mm I can not find another gun that im willing to fork out some money on. This gun ruined my gun buying expierence. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this gun. It is P-E-R-F-E-C-T. Before this I was a Glock guy. I loved my G19 and I shot it well. Now this usp spoiled me on accuracy and sight picture. The grip is perfect and I get a much more natural gip with out trying to readjust. Its the perfect size, recoil is non-exsistent, sight picture is flawless, time on target is a fraction of a second, acuracy is amazing, I can carry it cocked and locked, or DA, mag release is the best on the market, did I mention accuracy? And i love the mag release. Allot; I love it allot. This sucks, now I just want more H&K's nothing eles. There isnt a better pistol. I feel like I have betrayed gaston, but oh well he has enough money as it is. So what do I do now? Wich HK should I buy next? Im a die hard 9mm fan. Full sized usp perhaps? P2000? P2000sk when it is released? So many options its tearing me appart inside.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: I hate H&K\'s

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif We all feel good after a confession! I'm a 9mm guy too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

·
Registered
105 Posts

If you are a 9mm fan, you must buy a P7M8. It's the best gun for CCW work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
43 Posts

I agree with Red Cobra, you need to get a P7M8 now. BradaData, I know what you mean. The only other handgun I could justify buying after my HK's was my SS Colt Python Elite .357 Mag, only because HK doesn't make a revolver..
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

If they made a revolver they would put allot of people and companies out of bussiness. I held a p7 at the gun show on saturday. It felt nice but why are they so expensive? Do they not make them any more? The one I saw was around $950 I liked how it cocked it when i picket it up, very very cool.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I was also once an ardent fan of the Glock 19 (had three of them), as well as the "baby" version of the same thing (still have one of those)......then I bought an HK USP Tac .45, then another USP Tac .45, then two USPc .45's. The disease can really pick up speed.

I have nothing against the 9x19, but once you get into punching .45 sized holes in things, the 9mm starts to pail a bit. Give it a try sometime when your checkbook isn't nearby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
11 Posts

.45 is the way to go for me too. The 9mm is just to small and not a very effective round IMO. .45 is the only way to go if you want that stop them dead power.

·
Registered
4 Posts

If you like your USP you have to try the Tac. The trigger is alot better and the cool factor is just awesome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
11 Posts

would love to but they are illegal here in the Kaliban. current duty station is here so hopefully when i leave...

on an unrelated subject, Marine here 6 years, Sergeant, Infantry

·
Registered
52 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
The 9mm is just to small and not a very effective round IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]Winchester Ranger +P+ load is a very effective round, I certainly wouldn't want to be in its path. I thought you would of liked 9mm since you have Parabellum in your signature /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Don't get me wrong, I do like .45ACP. I fired Magsafe Super Swat loads from a USP the other day, 2260fps, 731 ft lbs for a .45!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

·
Registered
11 Posts

"SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM" Latin
"If you want peace, prepare for war" English

I do have a 9mm Hi-point compact (you know hi-point if your in Ohio) and I am pistol qualifyed for the Marines (Beretta 92) but I just don't like the caliber. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of it either, but if I had to chose between taking a .45 or a 9mm, I think you know the answer to that one.

·
Registered
2 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The 9mm is just to small and not a very effective round IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]Winchester Ranger +P+ load is a very effective round, I certainly wouldn't want to be in its path. I thought you would of liked 9mm since you have Parabellum in your signature /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Don't get me wrong, I do like .45ACP. I fired Magsafe Super Swat loads from a USP the other day, 2260fps, 731 ft lbs for a .45!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"para bellum" means "for war"

·
Registered
4 Posts

Badfish, Semper Fi, Former Sergeant with six years active duty with VMGR 352. Keep up the fight and thanks for doing what you are doing for our country. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Im definatly thinking about the 45, but i ship out to lackland AFB on june 22 and I quit my job june 12 so money will be a little tight. I loved the way the USPC 45 felt in my hand too, very nice. Ammo price is an issue too. I guess if i started doing my own reloading it would drop the price dramastically. After i get settled where ever the AF stations me ill invest in the reloading equipment and then get a 45. Another question. Can any one explain the DAO trigger to me? What does it feel like? Is each trigger pull long? does it start from the beginning or from the half cocked posision? Thanks for all the info guys.

-BradaData

·
Registered
2,783 Posts

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif YOU ARE SO SCREWED NOW!!! Welcome to the club of the HK black holes where all your spare change is going to start disappearing. Expert, Elite, Match, 9SD, P7-Mx...kiss your freaking money GOOD-"BUY" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
1 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
YOU ARE SO SCREWED NOW!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That said from a man who has 'been there, done that.'

I don't think of it that you're ruined. Rather, you've been saved. Mind you, there are still alot of very fine pistols out there.

If you like 9, get a HK in every model.
Once you like your salsa extra hot, move on up to the .45. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
2,985 Posts

You have a compact, so I suggest something a little bigger, say the 9mm Expert, or the USP9SD. Sorry guys, but the elite is just ugly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

The P7M8 is the gun you will one day trade that "Perfect" compact in on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. It costs so much cause it is worth it. Sleek, sexy, sophisticated, reliable, low recoil, accurate, easy to operate, ambidextrious, and the safest carry weapon ever made. It will spawn in you a Cult-like devotion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

·
Registered
1 Posts

If you keep telling people about them they'll get harder to find and more expensive! Cut it out already!

Whatever you do don't buy a P7. They're terrible! In fact, if you see one please let me know so that I might save the world from it.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts