HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will anyway. :)

I really want the P30!!! However, I do not want the DA/SA, I want LEM. Over on HK-USA.com's site, customer service indicated there is no time schedule for this.

Yet, on the German site, the P30 comes in LEM. What gives? Import rules? Lawers and lawsuits?

Is there any chance of ever being able to convert, or will it be like the P2000?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
several guys on the forum, though i cant recall who at the moment, have dropped the lem kit for the usp into the p30 with no problem. if you have any questions about that i suggest seek out those guys.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Yeah I have read several that have done the conversion Montralia has done it and has posted instructions on how to do it. Search for it under his name

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Gents.

I was thinking of getting a P99 due since the AS trigger is much the same as LEM; however, I couldn't talk myself to buy something with plastic sights and a plastic guide rod - at least not yet.

As long as the LEM mod doesn't take away any inherent safety devices like a hammer block I could care less about the decocker - in fact, I like the idea of it still being there.

Of course, there's the little issue of warranty work should something happen, but let's assume this will be as good as the other HK's I have.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks Gents.

I was thinking of getting a P99 due since the AS trigger is much the same as LEM; however, I couldn't talk myself to buy something with plastic sights and a plastic guide rod - at least not yet.

As long as the LEM mod doesn't take away any inherent safety devices like a hammer block I could care less about the decocker - in fact, I like the idea of it still being there.

Of course, there's the little issue of warranty work should something happen, but let's assume this will be as good as the other HK's I have.

Thanks again.
You might be thinking of the P99 QA (Quick Action), which is more Glock-like than the AS (Anti-Stress), which is basically a traditional DA/SA. The sights are plastic, but they're also adjustable.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was my understanding that the AS trigger on the P99 was almost exactly like the LEM in that if the slide is not cycled, the trigger has a high (12+ lb) pull force. However, if the slided is cycled, it's means it's got a 4.5lb pull but 0.5" of travel until breaking, and subsequent shots 0.31." That's pretty much exactly like the LEM. My attempt is to have all my pistols function exactly the same - therefore, the Walther is the only other gun with a mag release similar to HK. That's the reason I was considering it. It is also my understanding that the AS has the shortest reset between all 3 variants of the P99. Of course, the Walther forum is not anywhere near as active as this forum, so the wealth of information isn't as vast.

I'm sure the Walther is a fine gun, but I know my HK's have been extremely good; therefore, if I can convert the P30 (or wait just a little longer) I shall do so. I'm afraid HK (or should I say myself) may miss the boat though if they're not careful, since I'm assuming handguns will be severely limited in the future. Buy mags now I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts