HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and I was hoping some one could help me. I just purchased my first h&k this sunday.It is a 91 with an IH date code, It has a woodland camo finish did h&k ever offer this as a finish option?

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, YES hk did make some woodland and desert camo rifles, though I am not sure of the date codes that correspond. Be sure to post some pics, I love to look at the camo HK's! :)

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I am new to this forum and I was hoping some one could help me. I just purchased my first h&k this sunday.It is a 91 with an IH date code, It has a woodland camo finish did h&k ever offer this as a finish option?
The only one I've ever seen I knew was a factory job was an HK33 dealer sample. If they did make 91s and 93s with it, they are quite rare.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Very nice. Congrats!

I would love to have any 91.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now that you guys have seen the pics,do you think the finish is original or after market? I contacted h&k today they're guy said they don't keep a record of what finish the guns left with.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Now that you guys have seen the pics,do you think the finish is original or after market? I contacted h&k today they're guy said they don't keep a record of what finish the guns left with.
Not sure if it means anything or not, but looking at the mag latch and the mag, it appears that the gun was painted with the mag installed, but the mag latch removed because the paint on the mag was shielded by the mag well, except for where the mag latch would have been.

Unless you could find several examples of known factory jobs, and find some obvious similarities or differences, I don't know how you could ever know for sure.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Both 91's and 93 where done in woodland and desert camo. Looks like factory woodland camo to me. Congrats on a great find and purchase. Let me know if you ever want to let it go and move onto something else!

·
Registered
527 Posts
If its a copy, it is dead nuts accurate. I worked at HKI in Chantilly when they shipped those in, along with the "Desert Sand" version and that one appears perfect. And yes, the rifles were painted with the mags installed, 2 mags were included with each rifle from the factory.

·
Registered
44 Posts
gun looks right as rain to me. mags were painted up to the lip of the mag well, external small parts were removed prior to painting (like mag latches, flash hiders, sights. selectors, etc), on the few original examples I've seen. I have several 93 mags that once went with such a gun (shame the barrel was shot out and I sold it).

no, wait, it's all screwed up. send it to me and I'll dispose of it properly... please include shipping...

Very nice find!

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
If its a copy, it is dead nuts accurate. I worked at HKI in Chantilly when they shipped those in, along with the "Desert Sand" version and that one appears perfect. And yes, the rifles were painted with the mags installed, 2 mags were included with each rifle from the factory.
Well there you go. Wow, what a great find. I'm going to save that pic in case I ever run across one.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Does anyone know where to get original red manuals for 91s & etc, also what is the going rate for them.
Lots of places sell them for $15-25. I haven't had much luck through email recently, but a few years ago HK sent me one for free for an HK94. You might try calling them instead.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts