HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a H&Kmp5 sear gun, how do I put it on a H&K33? Ralph @ Rdts, converted my 93 to a 33, welded the carrier, how do I stick my sear inthere? Any pics....Something about switching ejectors? How do I do that?

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
I have a H&Kmp5 sear gun, how do I put it on a H&K33? Ralph @ Rdts, converted my 93 to a 33, welded the carrier, how do I stick my sear inthere? Any pics....Something about switching ejectors? How do I do that?
Nothin' to it.

Remove the trigger housing from the gun.

Turn the s-e-f selector straight up and remove it.

Pull the trigger pack out of the housing.

There is a very short stepped pin that the ejector lever pivots on - push it out from the inside with anything - a ball point pen, car key, whatever. When you do, the ejector lever will slide right out. There is a small spring near the back of the lever in a slot in the trigger pack frame - don't lose it.

Switch to the 93/33 ejector lever (the only one with long oval slots in it) by putting the spring in first, then push the pivot pin back in.

Reassembe it and go shoot!

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,291 Posts
MP5 sear moved to HK 93 / 91....

***WARNING***

Before you pull that sear pack out of the MP5 resgistered sear firearm you better have that MP5 / HK94 gun registered as an "SBR" before removal to another HK host gun...

Be wise and understand the law before you act...

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
***WARNING***

Before you pull that sear pack out of the MP5 resgistered sear firearm you better have that MP5 / HK94 gun registered as an "SBR" before removal to another HK host gun...

Be wise and understand the law before you act...
Definitely, especially if you plan to take them both somewhere together, or if the ATF has been known to come over and examine your gun collection.

·
Super Moderator
1,197 Posts
Yes, you will need a rifle hammer spring and swap out the ejector lever as described above.

I leave a rfile hammer spring in my trigger pack even when using it on a 9mm host. It works just fine, and that way, I only need to swap the ejector lever when going from host to host.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I leave a rfile hammer spring in my trigger pack even when using it on a 9mm host. It works just fine, and that way, I only need to swap the ejector lever when going from host to host.
+1 on that. That is a great idea...dang hammer springs...they are tough for us with little patience. :)

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
+1 on that. That is a great idea...dang hammer springs...they are tough for us with little patience. :)
Possibly. Probably. My 9mm spring works fine on the .308 ammo I always buy, but in the past I've let a few other people shoot my G3 with their ammo, and it will have light hammer strikes and FTFs.

You can always try it with the 9 spring first and change it if needed if you get light strikes. SEF packs are easy to change, the burst packs are a little tougher the first time or two you do it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Maybe this isn't an issue for others, but I always find it helpful to lay my disassebled packs side by side. I then swap the necessary parts (for me this is an ejector, hammer, and hammer spring) from pack to pack and them reassemble both packs. This may sound cumbersome, but it is better than risking the mixup of some critical components, and it's not nearly as cumbersome as it sounds. I developed this method after driving to the range one day with the wrong hammer (semi-auto) in my pack.

·
Super Moderator
1,197 Posts
I do the same thing except I only swap out the ejector levers and I leave a rifle hammer and hammer spring in the sear pack at all times.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts