HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone in CT buy an out of state HK91 from me, and am I allowed to ship it there? Are they allowed to own it? Also what are the magazine issues with this state?

I have done some reading online at the NRA site and other places and i am so confused.

Thanks,

Chuck

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I dont think they can own it unless they are LE.
Negative, they can have (or at least they could about a year ago) Pre-Ban's (mfg pre 1994)...which the HK 91 would qualify. 93 and 94 would be GTG too. However, you can't be sending mags that hold more than 10 rounds per SB-1160.

I went through all this with a buddy of mine in CT.

·
Registered
307 Posts
So long as it was manufactured prior to September 1994, it is fine in CT. Just need an FFL that is willing to do the transfer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Delta Arsenal in Wallingford would be able to do the transfer. They have done many for me in the past. They are very knowledgeable on prebans.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Every thing is legal to the FFL dealer its on him what the buyer gets. i have purchased hand gun with mags over 10 and had them pinned before picking up. even if the gun is illegal for civilian the FFL still gets those guns for Law and military.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Hell yes, the HK91 can transferred to a non FFL. I recently had one shipped to my FFL and than transferred to me. That was last year. I also just had an HK Sp89 transferred to me and installed one of my Fleming sears :p

SWEEEEET

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
What is CT going to do to you even if it was not legal for the recipient? It's like sending evil "high capacity" magazines to folks in California. The buyer takes all the risk from a legal standpoint.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yup buyer pays. Dealer accepts. OOOPPPS cannot transfer, now the buyer can try to resell and dealer will just ship back out of state. Or dealer can try to sell a military or police exempt from the BS laws. Buyer is the only one out the money. The dealer will make the decision if its transferred to buyer.

·
Registered
143 Posts
In Canada the HK 91 is a prohibited weapon. I know where there is a deactivated one for sale. The asking price is $2500. Before you ask, yes I am serious.

·
Registered
17 Posts
They are on the ban list. i don't think the pre ban thing works. you had to register them by a certain time if you did own them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts