HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was at the shop yesterday picking up some ammo for my USPC 9MM and I happened to spy upon an HK45 and a P30 in the case. After a long evaluation process (2.5 hours) I settled upon the P30 to replace my USPC 9MM as my CCW (and left with a vow to come back for its brother the HK45 in a few weeks time.
I just ordered an X300 from surefire and I'm hoping it fits on the P30 (anyone know for sure?) and I was looking for a few things for my P30.

-Im having a heck of a time finding any spare mags (I like to have at least 4 per pistol because I hate reloading at the range) does anyone know where I can get one? I have been searching on the forum and every site that has one says they are out of stock :(

-I'm also looking for an IWB holster for the P30 and as well a second holster that can fit the P30 with the X300 attached (a tall order I know)

-I know that comp-tac has two holsters for the P30 from reading another thread, the shirt tucker holster and the pro-undercover. Does anyone have any experience with these products? I haven't been able to find any for the p30 and was wondering how well the holster will remain in place while the pistol is being drawn and how secure it is. The pictures on the website only really show it while its on the person, no real clue what it looks like.

-I am also looking for a laser/light combo to go on it for when I'm at home. I have a Blast 2, but it doesn't work on the rail for the P30.

Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
190 Posts
The P30 will fit in most holsters designed for the Sig P229. I am currently using a Galco for a P229 and it fits like a glove.

You'll want to make sure there is a barrier between you and the pistol however (like a T shirt) because the stippling will grate your skin like cheese... it is that rough.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The P30 will fit in most holsters designed for the Sig P229. I am currently using a Galco for a P229 and it fits like a glove.

You'll want to make sure there is a barrier between you and the pistol however (like a T shirt) because the stippling will grate your skin like cheese... it is that rough.
I'll have to go take a look at one of those, Thanks.

I found that out the hard way when I had it on my side when I ran out to get something from the car and by the time I came back it was rather irritated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good luck with your new P30 -- you're going to like it and will like the HK45 even better...

I found some P30 mags here:

http://www.ssgtactical.com/index.html?Magazines

Good Luck...

DISCLAIMER: The preceding personal opinions are just that -- opinions. They were derived through study & reading, from conversations with other firearm enthusiasts, and finalized by my own experiences with the subject at hand; the comments are not intended as a slight against any other opinion/opinions from forum members or administrators...

·
Registered
562 Posts
P30 accessories

Thanks for the advice, I have a leather Galco holster for a sig 229 and it fits perfect. CDNN has Mags $40 for the P30. I need 4 more for myself

1 - 9 of 9 Posts