HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I finally received my trigger pack and grip from Omega, Turns out after swapping my trigger group into it, and installing the Ejector from the parts Omega sent me, Everything works great!. I've put about 60 rounds through it so far with no hiccup, am waiting for my Brace to arrive to shoot it more.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Don't have an Octane 9 but do have a Griffin Optimus that I ran with my new SD-k today. The Optimus is 6-3/4 inches long with direct thread adaptor. When mounted, it sits 5-3/4 inches beyond the end of the hand guard. I expect the 3 lug mound (when it arrives) to lower the overall length by perhaps 1/2 inch or so. I don't think it's to short at all. With the included suppressor cover, it's about 7-1/2 inches from the end of the hand guard to the end of the cover. Picture with Optimus only.

View attachment 124609

Ran 150 flawless rounds on her first outing this morning. Not one hiccup. Shot a variety including sub-sonic, American Eagle 124, and Blazer 115. Here's mine fully dressed, including the suppressor cover.

View attachment 124633
I really think yours looks better without the cover, because its a bit shorter than with the cover. As a real MP5SD can sticks out 5-7/8" from the end of the handguard.

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
I really think yours looks better without the cover, because its a bit shorter than with the cover. As a real MP5SD can sticks out 5-7/8" from the end of the handguard.
I am interested in this because I wonder how hard it would be to shorten the shroud?

How much of the shroud is threaded? If they put in some extra threading, cutting it to length would be easy.

·
Quietly Making Noise
51 Posts
I am interested in this because I wonder how hard it would be to shorten the shroud?

How much of the shroud is threaded? If they put in some extra threading, cutting it to length would be easy.
The shroud has an overall length of 11-1/4" with 1/2" of threads at the end. The ports extend about 2-3/4" down the shroud.

IMG_20170705_2002007.jpg IMG_20170705_2017553.jpg IMG_20170705_2006237.jpg

The shroud sits almost 3-1/2" inside the hand-guard so cutting it down would depend on your suppressor.

Whitetaild33r-agree the look is better without the cover, but I'd like to use it so I'm going to have my smith take a look. It will be close.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The shroud has an overall length of 11-1/4" with 1/2" of threads at the end. The ports extend about 2-3/4" down the shroud.

View attachment 125122 View attachment 125130 View attachment 125138

The shroud sits almost 3-1/2" inside the hand-guard so cutting it down would depend on your suppressor.

Whitetaild33r-agree the look is better without the cover, but I'd like to use it so I'm going to have my smith take a look. It will be close.
Shouldnt be too hard to get shortened and rethreaded, My form 1 can is the exact diameter of the fake suppressor so I can't use mine.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Can someone school me on some dimensions of this receiver? I have a couple of different suppressors in mind, but of varying diameters. I would like to know (1) the distance from the tip of the muzzle to the end of the handguard, and (2) the inner diameter of the handguard. That info would be very handy for those of us with fat cans (so to speak).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Can someone school me on some dimensions of this receiver? I have a couple of different suppressors in mind, but of varying diameters. I would like to know (1) the distance from the tip of the muzzle to the end of the handguard, and (2) the inner diameter of the handguard. That info would be very handy for those of us with fat cans (so to speak).
AFAIK, the inside diameter of the shroud is 1.6"

·
Quietly Making Noise
51 Posts
Tip of barrel to end of handguard is 1-7/16". The I.D. of the shroud (cheap caliper) is 42mm. O.D. of faux can is 40mm.

What does the other end look like? It might be easier to cut it and make a different end cap.
Cutting from the cap end may invade the knurled relief on the faux can.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Tip of barrel to end of handguard is 1-7/16". The I.D. of the shroud (cheap caliper) is 42mm. O.D. of faux can is 40mm.

Cutting from the cap end may invade the knurled relief on the faux can.
Hey just wanted to give everyone an update, Been enjoying the MP5SDK for a few months now without issues :) Had my form 1 can recored to a monocore and it's doing extremely well on this gun. Also added a SB-Tactical brace to it, Magpul sling, a Vortex red dot and a B&T scope mount. Love this gun.

·
PROUD ASA MEMBER
355 Posts
Curious if anyone has a photo of one of these with a Silencerco Omega 9K? I bet that would look great, just a little bit of the tip hanging out. ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Hey just wanted to give everyone an update, Been enjoying the MP5SDK for a few months now without issues :) Had my form 1 can recored to a monocore and it's doing extremely well on this gun. Also added a SB-Tactical brace to it, Magpul sling, a Vortex red dot and a B&T scope mount. Love this gun.
Would you consider sharing some picture with us?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts