HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to wait for the HK45CT in LEM but after reading all the reviews here I bit the bullet and ordered an HK45 from CDNN. Unfortunately they're out of extra mags.

If it truly feels like a 1911 I may have found heaven. I only wish they had a flat backstrap in true 1911 fashion.

It should arrive Monday. Can't wait. Now where can I find some mags?

·
Registered
229 Posts
The HK45 ships with two backstraps. I haven't installed the other one, but it looks to be pretty flat. I think you'll be pleased with the ergos and overall slim design. It's a big improvement over the USP. I have it on good authority that the grip was designed by Nill.

·
Registered
40 Posts
P7M8 - It feels BETTER than a 1911! You'll love it.

I grew up on 1911s (first pistol was a 1911A1 w/ Colt 22lr conversion unit when I was 10yrs. old), and carried them (in 45) as my #1 weapon, back when it wasn't cool (80s & early 90s), way before Kimber hit the market... While I like and get along with the 1911 grip (I grew up on it after all), I don't think it's anywhere near ergonomic. It's flatness allows it to fit most hands fairly well, and with proper grips and checkering on front and back, it gives a pretty good hold, but it doesn't "meld" into your hand.

The HK45 does.

It's got the slimness of a 1911, but with a slight palm-swell, right where it should be, and the countour and feel of the stippling/surface is awesome. It is the most re-assuring of any pistol's grip I've ever felt, in terms of confidently knowing I have a secure one-hand grip in adverse conditions.

I've carried Glocks for 13 years after carrying the 1911 for 12 years before that, and now I'm going to HK for the rest of my life, as far as I can see.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was going to wait for the HK45CT in LEM but after reading all the reviews here I bit the bullet and ordered an HK45 from CDNN. Unfortunately they're out of extra mags.

If it truly feels like a 1911 I may have found heaven. I only wish they had a flat backstrap in true 1911 fashion.

It should arrive Monday. Can't wait. Now where can I find some mags?
Try hkperfection.com for the magazines. They have them in stock but you their shipping usually runs 7-10 business days. They have a decent price on them too. Congrats on your acquisition....I think you will be very pleased.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts